Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

You Know You're Old When _____!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the mechanic, Sep 26, 2015.

1. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... this is a question for the oldsters on the forum ...

... here's one: you know you're getting old when -- you remember when home phones were as big as shoe boxes and you had to turn a dial with your finger to make a call!

... now let's hear yours! you know you're getting old when ______ ?

2. maple leaf

maple leaf Full Member

I know I was getting old when I am not interested in sex anymore, I was around 40 years old when I realized that.

there was a day when I was sitting at a bus stop at 10 pm waiting for my daughter coming out of metrotown shopping mall, a guy approached me & asked me: "Do you need a boyfriend?". I said "I have a husband, even I don't have a husband, I don't need a boyfriend, because I am 50 years old", the guy said" " 50 years old is OK, I am 45 years old". then I said: " Thank you for saying that, but I am not interested in man anymore". the guy then went away. I told my daughter this story and said to her that never talk to someone on the street, God knows what kind of person he is, he might be a killer or robe or anything could harm you.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
    the mechanic likes this.
  3. the mechanic

... thanks for your reply, maple leaf! :up:

... you know you're starting to get up there when you answer roger moore when asked who your favorite james bond is!

4. RDL

RDL Guest

You know you're old when...
    ... most of the hair on your head is grey.
    ... you remember a time when all phones were land lines.
    ... you remember a time when home computers did not have internet.
    ... you remember a time when cable TV was the only medium to watch TV; radio was the only medium to listen to music; books were the only medium to learn about stuff.
    ... you remember a time when you actually used to send people greeting cards for things like birthdays, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, etc.
    ... you remember a time when the penny existed, and door-to-door mail delivery was nowhere near extinction.
    ... you remember your parents playing records on the record player.
    ... you remember recording your favorite songs from the radio onto a cassette tape.
    ... as of this day, you've never ever had a cellphone, tablet, laptop, or iPod.

the mechanic likes this.
  5. the mechanic

... fantastic post, RDL! thank you for composing it! everything you've said is SO TRUE! :up: