Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Would You Wear Your iPhone On Your Wrist?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the mechanic, Jan 24, 2014.

1. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... the new iwatch wristwatch is a real treat for watch geeks like myself ...

[​IMG]

... would you go for something like this? or is it just a gimmick destined to disappear like the calculator watches of the past? if the price was right i'd be interested ...

... comments?

2. Stuntman

Stuntman Full Member

I have yet to see anything that would make it worth paying a few hundred dollars for. I actually stopped wearing a watch a couple of years ago. My watch died and I didn't feel the need to replace it at the time. I would just look at my phone if I need the time. Also, I find that quite often, I'm somewhere around something that already displays the time. At home, I have clocks everywhere. At work, the time is displayed on my desk phone and PC and clocks throughout the building. There's a clock in my car. When I'm out, I just look at my phone if I want to know the time. I also use my phone throughout the day, so when I wake my phone, the time is the first thing I see.

I do see smartwatches becoming fashion items. I think that a good looking smartwatch will sell. So far, the ones I have seen won't win any fashion awards. They strike me as something that most likely people into tech would like, but not necessarily the mainstream market.

If any company can break into the mainstream market with a smartwatch, it would be Apple. They've made many tech items mainstream and I feel they can do the same with a smartwatch.

the mechanic likes this.