Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

World Financial Group-says easy way to make money? ur thoughts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joey, Mar 10, 2011.

1. joey

joey Guest

anyone heard of WFG. World Financial Group. My friend was invited to a orientation and we got pushed into coming. they wanted us to sign up and pay 150 for crim check and also licensing.we heard how all these guys were making 6 figure incomes and tell us how they were just working 80 hr a month or so. its like your own business and you work whenever you want. telling us how we can live the nice live and dream whatever we want life. it was easy job and that everyone needs and love someone who can lower their debt and taxes ratio and even get some money back in taxes.they really wanted me and my friend to sign up and join and said they train us and that we weren't confident people-since we were so hestitant in signing up. yea so pushy people. i think they get a bonus if they get new people in or something. also my friend told me how one of them even said hell give him an extra 50 if he signs up now and pays for the 150 now. like right now. they were comparing their schooling to schooling like univ/college tution and saying the payoff for their knowledge is likehood of making big bucks and figures. sounds too good to be true.
    the so called meeting was suppose to be 30 min at a coffee shop, but the guy we met who was a friend of a friend(barely knew this guy) said he would help us sarge in dwtn. we got pushed into us meeting them and listening to an orientation out in Surrey for WFG and then this lasted for like 2 hrs. we got home at 11pm and have to work the next day-today for work at 7 30 am . great hey
    he even told my friend that if he joined that they would help him get a gf, help him find and sarge(meet girls) .
    sounds kind of cunning to me. its like a return in business transaction. friendships shouldnt be like that.
    if you want to help. you can help, if not then don't ,but dont make it sound like some business
    they were inice guy and bought us dinner and food.
    what do you think of this company and what happened. anyone had this happen to you before too. share please

2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Their pushiness should have been a red flag. They're a multi-level marketing (MLM) company like Primerica, so it's essentially an elaborate pyramid scheme. They make money for pushing you to join so they try to lure you with promises of $$$ and in your case women haha. Don't drink the kool-aid.

Someone actually dragged to one of these things a few years ago, so I gave them fake information. I found it hilarious that they kept emphasizing their affiliations with legit companies. Now that I think back on their "presentation", all they did was tell me how I could be a millionaire, they never once talked about what their company does.

3. joey

joey Guest

yea they did the samething to me. tried to link their WFG company with big companies like rbc, td bank, bmo,
    glad i didnt sign up. they were so damn pushy and saying how they drove us so far and come on and give it a try and what else do you have to loose.

4. bob k

bob k Guest

i understand and empathize with you guys. part of the reason this happens is that the company hires any joe off the street. which really becomes a challenge in that it gives the company a negative reputation. just to clarify, it is not an illegal pyramid(since writer is on internet, im sure this can be researched), the 140. for processing is to filter out the folks with serious allegations,with all due respect to the public being served. however as for the big name companies' association, that goes without saying; TD,RBC are worth BILLIONS and reputations worth even more,,, why would they want their name tied to a pyramid?? about the dream sellers; they are trying to entice the hidden power of dreams that are true motivators of the human soul, rather contrast to the normal job, which in reality is for the most part a dream crusher. they do have a better and more efficient distribution system for the products of the tds,and rbcs of the world; thats why they flock to wfg and cater to them. now coming back to my initial point; it truly is a shame that wfg has a policy to hire any joe off the street and the company gets proliferated with like kind and they all run around either led by greed to hire anything that moves; or on the other side of the coin, bad mouths the company without any formal and diligent research before making a decision. in closing, this company is not to be run by a bunch of immature kids who sit on forums as their major of studies in the faculty of business...

5. MikeGillis33

MikeGillis33 Junior Member

They can help you save money on several types of insurances but not make money.

Annoys me when they denie their a in a pyramid scheme..

6. MikeGillis33

MikeGillis33 Junior Member

Also, just to sign up you have to take a test and pay fee's upwards of $600.

7. Manu Singh

Manu Singh Guest

Hello Guys

I know tons of guys who joined and quit. In this industry survival rate is 10%. When they hire Dick Tom and Harry from the street in reality that lost the impression of the company, though company is good but by hiring in mass they end up hiring non professional folks from the street.

In nutshell stay away from any MLM.