Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Tech wind mobile text messages to transit (translink)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 6u-huo.l.uV, Apr 29, 2011.

1. 6u-huo.l.uV

6u-huo.l.uV Moderator Staff Member

well, i haven't been looking at the forums on wind, but i tried just now and sending text messages to 33333 is now supported by wind mobile.

[​IMG]

2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Just tried with mobilicity, still doesn't work fff bullshit.

3. ema

ema Full Member

hahaha wtf, isn't it suppose to work with all carriers...

4. milquetoast

Nope, the new carriers didn't/don't support SMS short codes. I've been using the translink mobile site but it's such a pain in the ass (open opera, click on bookmark, type in bus stop, click submit).

Check your bill, some people on HoFo are saying that they're being charged extra on top of regular text charges. Could be a deal breaker :down:.

5. 6u-huo.l.uV

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

6. ema

ema Full Member

Fido baby ftw!

7. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

Hey I visit HoFo too. Wind section though.

8. milquetoast

^What's your handle? I haven't posted in years but still lurk once in a while. I hate their current layout, too many ads and all squished together.

Still not working with Mobilicity... FFFUU come on.

9. 6u-huo.l.uV

turns out wind charges you 10c per text to transit.
    called in before i found out about that and the csr said that i should only be charged for whoever's providing that service (translink), if anything at all. however, it's free by transit, isn't it?
    ffffffffff

10. Angrios

Angrios New Member

What the fuck is up with the 10 cent service charge? Rubbish double standards.

11. 6u-huo.l.uV

UPDATE:
    checking my invoice now.. doesn't seem that wind charged me anything for the text messages to 33333. guess translink paid for it (h5)

12. Doug

Doug New Member

WindMobile is charging me $0.10/msg for Translink's NextBus (33333) service. I used it for years on Fido for free and the Translink website says it's free. Wind's customer service is so bad that they wouldn't know what they do; don't believe them if they are saying they don't charge for it. --Doug

13. ema

ema Full Member

That's true, however it is also mentioned that "charges may apply, please check with your carrier"

14. 6u-huo.l.uV

oh. yeah. forgot about this thread. apparently wind started charging for this service 2 months ago. FUUUUUUUU

15. Eva Kung

Eva Kung New Member

my friend from wind gets charged everytime she texts 33333

16. 6u-huo.l.uV

hell yeah, she does

17. Henry

Henry Junior Member

I thought that it was free, as long as you have a texting plan o_o

18. 6u-huo.l.uV

nope.. the short code messages are ppu... i called in and asked them myself. the lady even said that they started charging back in may/june or something, but it was free before FUUUUUUUU

19. Henry

Henry Junior Member

I guess new companies don't have the money to make it free :p They need some way to stay alive :l

20. mission

mission Full Member

33333 works on Koodo.