Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Discussion WIND Mobile SIM Cards - Any way to get it for free?

Discussion in 'Shopping Discussions' started by milquetoast, Apr 12, 2013.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Switching a family member to Wind using an existing phone. The price for a SIM card is $25 which is steep and more than any other carrier charges. It's basically a hidden activation fee :/.

Is there a way around this? I know with Mobilicity when they first launched you could go to a corporate store instead of a franchise retailer and they'd give you the SIM at no charge.

2. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

I don't think there's a way to get one for free. Perhaps go to a corporate store and switch to wind there. There's a 30% chance that they might be able to give you a sim card for free.

3. berniemac

berniemac Guest

corporate stores sell replacement sims for $10 instead of $25 that franchise sell for

4. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

No dice on getting it for $10. I got it for $20 though at a franchisee.

I was too lazy to go to a corporate store so anyone looking to port in should try there for a better chance.