Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Wind Mobile - $25 Always Talk + Text and $40 Always Shout + Infinite

Discussion in 'Shopping Discussions' started by milquetoast, Dec 10, 2010.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Update: deal has been renamed and advertised online

[​IMG]

http://www2.windmobile.ca/en/Pages/unlimitedtalktextdata.aspx

-------------------------------
    As of Friday December 10, 2010, WIND will be offering two new limited edition plans. These are not advertised online and are available to existing customers. Call into customer care to switch if you are an existing customer.

The difference between these plans and the older Wind promotions is that these don't expire after 6 or 12 months, you keep them for the life of your account.

These plans were obviously created to compete with Mobilicity's promos. So I'll point out some differences. The $40 unlimited is on par with Mobilicity's. The $25 plan is like Mobi's $30 unlimited plan but without voicemail. Wind has an edge up because you can use WINDTab in conjunction with this promo so you get $150 off any phone if you plan to stick with them.

Always Talk + Text - $25/month
    Canada/US Text Messaging
    Canada/US MMS
    Province Wide Calling
    Caller ID
    Wind to Wind
    Call Waiting, Forwarding, 3 Way Calling

Always Shout + Infinite - $40/month
    Global Text Messaging
    Canada/US MMS
    Canada Wide Calling
    Caller ID
    Wind to Wind
    Call Waiting, Forwarding, 3 Way Calling
    Voicemail
    US Long Distance
    Unlimited Data

Terms and Conditions
    • These plans are available for a limited time only. The promotional rates apply only to activations that occur on or before December 26, 2010 and is subject to change or cancellation without notice.
    • The discount will apply as long as you keep your account continuously active and in good standing. One you switch out of one of these special plans, you will not be able to return to them.
    • These plans cannot be combined with Infinite Bangladesh/China/Hong Kong/India/Singapore/S. Korea/Taiwan add-ons.
    • These plans may be combined with WINDtab
    • All services subject to WIND's standard Terms of Service, Fair Use Policy and Internet Traffic Management Policy.

2. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

If the $25 one comes with data then I would jump on it right away. For now I'll stick with paying $15/month. If Wind gets Nexus S then I'll think about it.

3. milquetoast

Their $15 plan is only good if the people you call are on Wind, otherwise your minutes get eaten up fast.

An update, looks like they have added the plans to the site and renamed them.

The Always Talk + Text is now the Festive Cheer Plan (Link)
    Unlimited Province-wide calling PLUS get unlimited text and picture messaging to anywhere in Canada and the US from any WIND Zone. Now you can always text or talk!
    • Province-wide calling to any number from any WIND Zone plus all incoming calls while in any WIND Zone
    • Incoming/Outgoing text messaging (CA/US) from any WIND Zone
    • Incoming/Outgoing picture messaging (CA/US) from any WIND Zone
    • WIND to WIND calling across Canada from any WIND Zone
    • Call Control (Caller ID, missed-call alerts, call forward, call conferencing, call waiting, call hold)
    The Always Shout + Infinite is now the Holiday Miracle Plan (Link)
    Shout it out loud! It’s our best offer yet: Always Shout PLUS Unlimited global text PLUS Infinite Data for just $40/mo.
    • Canada-wide calling to any number from any WIND Zone plus all incoming calls while in any WIND Zone
    • US Long Distance Calling from any WIND Zone
    • Incoming/Outgoing Global Text from any WIND Zone
    • Incoming/Outgoing Picture Messaging (CA/US) from any WIND Zone
    • Infinite BlackBerry/Infinite Mobile Data Service
    • Call Control (Caller ID, missed-call alerts, call forward, call conferencing, call waiting, call hold)
    • Voicemail

4. Swan

Swan New Member

Is Wind's reception any good? I've been looking into getting a new plan, and seeing all those ads from new companies piques my interest, but my research skills are poor and I'm lazy...

That and I'm stuck with my current provider until February unless I want to essentially throw a wad of cash away. =\

5. Night Of GuardianS

Yea I know, but I'm a casual user. I went over my mins this month. Try to limit my talk time to minimize the wireless signals that go into my brain wave. I think it would be rise to stick with $15/month. People buy groceries that are on sale just to save a few cents.

6. milquetoast

Looks like they made the deal even sweeter, get a free phone when you buy one. There's also the BOGO Blackberry deal that's still going on. With both promotions, you're allowed to activate on the Festive Cheer and Holiday Miracle plans and use WindTAB.

http://www2.windmobile.ca/en/Pages/BuyOneGetOne.aspx

http://www2.windmobile.ca/en/Pages/FreeBlackBerry.aspx

7. Mark Parrott

Mark Parrott New Member

I have just signed up to Mobilicity on the $40 plan with an unlocked Blackberry 8310 Curve. They charged me for SIM Card but connection was easy and seamless. However, the data is terrible. So slow I feel like breaking my phone against a wall. I try to work mobile on different health websites, some in NZ but that should not matter.

So anyone got better speeds on Wind? Heck, I'll keep switching till the Cows come home.

Also my phone always says CDN roaming which mobilicity say they are working on...

8. milquetoast

9. Night Of GuardianS

They have the Always Shout Plan for $20 now. They call it the Holiday All In The Family Plan. It's only for new activation. I called Wind moments ago to be switched onto this plan. The rep told me to hold. After about 30 seconds he hanged up on me. I guess they only want new activations on this too good to be true plan.

10. Night Of GuardianS

I just signed up for the $40 Holiday Miracle Plan! Unlimited talk, text!!!

11. ron

ron Guest

curve 8310 is not a compatible with mobilicity or wind . you will never be able to use the phone on wind/mobilicity network , it will ALWAYS ROAM . i bet the guy who sold u the connection was a retard.
    You NEED a AWS compatible phone if you dont want to buy a phone from mobilicity then you can also buy a 3G T-Mobile phone.

12. milquetoast

PDF with the info is here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PHPVI055

Get our Always Shout plan for only $20/month. You can also get our Infinite Laptop plan for only $20/month.Keep either plan for as long as you want. It’s a holiday gift that keeps on giving, or saving in this case. Quote promotional code: HAITF. When Wind first came out, they had this deal for $15, wish I got in on that.

Night of GuardianS, how are data speeds with your Galaxy S? Saw a friend using a Nokia 5230 on Wind and the speed was about the same as Mobilicity.

13. Night Of GuardianS

Cheeseshredder I'm getting reasonable data speed. Around 3.5-4.5mbps. People living in Richmond are getting around 2.5mbps. The 3G is really draining my battery. I go to a Wind forum and a few people could not get the Holiday All In The Family Plan. The Wind reps would not accept HAITF as referral. It's a hit or miss. I'm happy I have unlimited everything now, including data.

Cheeseshredder what Mobilicity plan are you on? Have you ever done a speedtest on your phone at speedtest.net? What phone are you using?