Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Tech Why I will never buy an iPhone or an iPad

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joe, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Joe

Joe Full Member

....because it doesn't play Flash and other standard 3rd party plug-ins.

Rumors have it that Apple is trying to get rid of YouTube support, so that videos will only be playable back in Safari.

I mean, if you're trying to view a website, or potentially sell an idea to a client, what are you gonna do when you come to one, and it doesn't show up or playback all that well?

Apple and its followers keep saying things like 'Flash is dead' and 'HTML5 - it's the wave of the future'.

However, Flash isn't dead, as is the case with many other plug-ins

And HTML5 isn't yet truly a universal standard as shown by many websites which have varying results with it. Some will work perfectly with this new standard, and on others, the blinkin' website doesn't even show up. HTML4 is still the real standard which plays back most websites with the same result.

I used to buy Apple a lot - have a number of older PC's, but haven't latched on the iPhone/iPad bandwagon. Something which has limited playback options doesn't seem to be a good buy.

Anyway, just my 2 bits.

2. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

I guess I'll stick with android. The camera on my Galaxy SII sucks compared to iphone 4/4s. I want a phone wth better camera. Samsung and Nikon are releasing point and shoots with Android OS, but you can't use them as a phone.