Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Fashion & Beauty Why do girls think makeup is so good to get guys?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smokey-guy, May 21, 2012.

1. smokey-guy

smokey-guy New Member

Usually guys hate makeup! Why do girls think guys like it so much?

2. ema

ema Full Member

I don't think girls think guys like it. Girls think guys prefer no imperfections showing on your face meaning blemishes, scarring, etc.

Guys think girls are magically prettier without make up. This is false lol, a girl who uses make up on a daily basis will look pale and have no glow without make up on. Probably because of the huge difference between make up and no make up. If a girl walked around with acne scarring, hyper pigmentation, I'm sure no guy would find that attractive.

So to answer, no girl thinks guys like make up. They believe guys prefer no imperfections showing. **That's why there's so many different skincare products out there for girls, from whitening to wrinkle prevention. Make up enhances your features and adds brightness lol for those of us with dark circles.

3. nancyliu0522

nancyliu0522 New Member

In my opinion, many girls are not confident about their outward appearance, while to make up could make us close to perfect beauty. To show our beautiful side to the other people especially the guy we admire, i think, is the natural manner.
    :jump:

4. DJFroto

DJFroto New Member

I think the only people who compliment girls on their make up is other girls. Like ema said, guys just magically find them more attractive. This is the same with guys going to the gym, you will get more compliments from other guys than girls.

5. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

6. MooGooMouse

MooGooMouse Junior Member

They are taught by the media that this is the only way to success & happiness. Movies, lives of glamourous celebrities, TV shows, and advertisement all show the woman with the right make up landing the man of her dreams. It's all corporate propaganda to keep getting richer.

7. MikeGillis33

MikeGillis33 Junior Member

The media's influence is horrible. Look how dolled up Barbie is.

They hit the girls young so when they grow up they don't know no better..

8. bellazz

bellazz Guest

i think that putting on make-up gives a more attractive and adorable appearance to girls. and boys definiely like this, aint them? secondly, there is one more poplar view that make up instills more confidence in girls and they feel comfortable moving in the crowds and interacting with people.

9. BonnieLaura

BonnieLaura Guest

But there are some guys who don’t like makeups because they really like the natural face not a powdered face.

10. BenTen

BenTen Guest

Girls are thinking makeup can highlight certain features, so yes it can increase the beauty sometimes.

11. dawn d

dawn d New Member

It's all about perception. And it's not just makeup. Females and their self images aren't usually on the best of terms. Women don't always see themselves objectively, just more of a distorted image. So, it's not that women like makeup, women want to look good. And the media tells us if it's used correctly, it enhances your best features, and tones down your less appealing ones. Women spend lot$ on "looking natural", and can actually feel pretty naked without it.

Why don't men seem to have this problem to the same extent?

12. Roxy~

Roxy~ New Member

"Girls fall in love with what they hear and boys fall in love with what they see. That's why boys lie and girls wear makeup."

13. blinkie

blinkie Guest

14. Hannah Bella

Hannah Bella New Member

I think makeup helps to enhance the girl's face feature. Of course it also helps to hide some blemishes. I love doing makeup and wearing makeup. However, I do makeup not because I think guys like it, it's because I like to look at myself in the mirror and I love the magic of how makeup can turn someone into a beautiful lovely lady. I am confident to go out without makeup. But makeup is just an amazing art that the girls can paint to themselves and make themselves look different. I bet you don't want to see your boring self all the time right ;). Change is good and exciting!