Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Which is the better forum? memebee or ForumVancouver?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joe, Jul 20, 2013.

?

Which is the better forum? memebee or ForumVancouver?

Poll closed Jul 30, 2013.
  1. memebee

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. forumvancouver

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Neither. Both are equal. Each has its strengths and weaknesses.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't know/No Opinion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Joe

Joe Full Member

Flip-flopping back between the two, I'd say overall ForumVancouver is the better one. But that being said, that's just an opinion.

memebee has a greater variety of topics, but ForumVancouver is better moderated and there seem to be a greater variety of people who post here, owing to the fact it clamps down on trolls/troll post. I notice that people can post here without thinking that someone's going to attack them for their POV. I like how the mods here lock threads when things get out of hand and posts have become clearly off-topic. It's something the folks at memebee could learn a lot from.

I think if memebee cleaned up its act a bit, and clamped down on trolling, fight threads, and abuse, it might have the edge, but until it does, I'd give the nod to this forum.

the mechanic likes this.
  2. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

Did you get a new dslr Joe?

the mechanic likes this.
  3. Kodai

Kodai Guest

You have over 14,000 posts on memeBee. And that's just under your new handle in the past couple of years.

the mechanic likes this.
  4. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

Forum Vancouver has, by far, more dignity, decency and intelligence. I still post on Memebee because it has more activity and more life, but Memebee is full of cockroaches. I know how to fight them back in their own coin.

the mechanic likes this.
  5. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... x 2. well said. other than the cockroaches part i totally concur ...

6. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

Memebee has changed... There used to be great people with great conversations and topics....

But then a wave of hatred and confrontation came along (or maybe just came back) and really changed the tone of the place....

I've always enjoyed posting about potential employment opportunities, Transit Information, and everyday stuff that I know and enjoy...
    I've never understood or enjoyed the personal attacks and "in your face" ness that some participate in...

I've been recently warned again about my so called Threadbombing...
    So, I guess I'm not the model contributor either...

I'll continue to post here as long as there is positive feedback, especially for the Transit is Hiring thread....

the mechanic and milquetoast like this.
  7. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

I respond in the same language I receive. If I get civility, I am very courteous. If I get abuse, I become a malicious opponent and go for the jugular. I have utter contempt for that sanctimonious talk about "you musn't become no better than them." When you deal with weasels and hogs, the only strategy is to operate like one.

the mechanic and Superchecker like this.