Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Discussion WHere to buy vacuums?

Discussion in 'Shopping Discussions' started by Night Of GuardianS, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

Our 18 year old vacuum is not working. We need new one. Where are some places for reasonable priced vacuums?

2. ema

ema Full Member

Have you tried The Bay?

3. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Canadian Tire has some decent sales.

However, I have to recommend looking into certain Hoover models. They use Dyson technology at 1/3 the price (their patent expired or something).

A model I considered was the Hoover Windtunnel Air Multi-Cyclonic Bagless Upright Vacuum they had it at London Drugs for $139.99, but I think that model might be discontinued. It was basically the Canadian model of the Hoover Whisper Cyclonic Upright Vacuum but without the ability to turn off the brush roller. If you frequently travel to the states, that would be an awesome option since it's only about $100 bucks.

4. Night Of GuardianS

Thanks for the info cheeseshredder. Do I know you from another forum?

5. Night Of GuardianS

6. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

I don't think you know me unless you're on RFD.

These are the ones that I was talking about:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0043JMHOQ
    [​IMG]

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002HF66BI
    [​IMG]

Ignore the one bad review on amazon, it actually has tons of awesome reviews if you search around. The first one used to be sold by London Drugs, but their website no longer has it listed. They don't sell the second in Canada as far as I know, so your best bet would be to pick it up in America. Good option is to ship it from amazon to Point Roberts, which is only 45 minutes away by car.

I'm not sure if the one you listed uses Dyson technology. Not exactly up to date with the latest models, but use google to find models that are Dyson clones and you're good to go. There are tons of forums of enthusiastic people discussing vacuum bargains and the best bang for your buck.

7. Night Of GuardianS

Um, thanks. I fixed my vacuum now. The vacuum bag was overloaded. Bought new ones from earlier Sears. Now my 18 year old vacuum is insane powerful.

I shipped my Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant to Point Roberts back in July. Had to bus down there to pick it up, no car.