Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Discussion Where to buy diabetic socks?

Discussion in 'Shopping Discussions' started by Night Of GuardianS, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

I used to buy socks that are designed for diabetics from Zellers. Zellers is closing now. The Metrotown and Brentwood Zellers don't have them anymore. Anybody know any other retailers that carry them? I can't wear normal socks. They are too tight. They prevent blood flow into my feet for some reason. My feet would get cold, tired, and hurt.

2. lumix

lumix Full Member

3. lumix

lumix Full Member

Mark's Work Wearhouse have stores at:

Vancouver:
    Grandview Hwy - in between Canadian Superstore and Walmart

Burnaby:
    South Burnaby @ Market Crossing

Surrey:
    Guildford Town Centre, next to Guildford Mall

4. Night Of GuardianS

Thank you lumix. I didn't see any the last few times that I was there. I guess I'll have to ask them where they are.

5. lumix

lumix Full Member

It could be they are sold out at the stores at the time you were there. No harm going back to ask, if not, order online.

The problem with Marks is they stocked too few of the "common" size. For a particular item, they have maybe size S=3 pieces, M=3, L=3, XL=3, XXL=3. When I see something I like on their flyer, by the time I get to store, the "common" size like S or M is all sold out. They should stock more of the S and M, and fewer of the XL, XXL because they are more small size people in Vancouver than big sized people. A lot of times I go to a store on a flyer sale, all I see is L, XL, XXL or for pants waistline for large people.

6. Night Of GuardianS

I know what you mean. It's hard to find small size clothing. That is the size I wear. Sometimes medium. Some mediums are like small and some are like huge.

7. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

8. Jim

Jim Guest

You might also wish to check out a brand of socks called Simcan
    They are knit from 98% cotton and have amazing stretch capabilities.
    You can find them at Marks, Sears or log on their web site www.simcan.net and check their store locator