Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

What's the worst part about finding and applying for jobs?

Discussion in 'Employment and Students' started by EightSix Network, Jul 29, 2010.

1. EightSix Network

EightSix Network New Member

We all know that it's a pain in the butt, but what's the single worst thing about the whole process?

2. mofro

mofro Junior Member

Telling your old employer that your moving on... At least at my last job, my boss was great but they couldn't match the other offer.

I find multiple interviews annoying. Nothing worse then going through 4 or 5 interviews to be told you didn't get it. Also, some employers take months to go through the entire process *cough* WorkSafe *cough*

3. Anne

Anne New Member

The worst part is you don't know the answer to the question during a interview.

4. EightSix Network

Yeah, going through weeks of the hiring process only to find out you didn't get the job is a real pain in the @ss. I don't know why it would take 4 or 5 interviews to make a decision on someone, but hey, that's some businesses prerogative!

Regarding telling your old employer, I know that's tough. But hey, any good employer realizes that you must take care of yourself, right? At least you've made an ally and a good reference for your next career moves!

5. EightSix Network

And Anne, that's why you do you preparation. ;)

6. fallinstar

fallinstar New Member

not hearing back, I've applyed for hundreds of jobs and hurd back off about ten!
    either that or people miss advertising the job!

7. luis

luis Guest

I perceive quintuple interviews pesky. Thing worsened then accomplishment through 4 or 5 interviews to be told you didn't get it. Also, whatsoever employers involve months to go finished the uncastrated deliver *cough* WorkSafe *cough*