Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

What's The Best Place To Eat Where You Live?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the mechanic, Oct 6, 2013.

1. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... if i was to visit your town as a tourist and ask you where to go for dinner what would you recommend?

... there's a greek restaurant in the townsite section of powell river called the granada which is generally regarded as the top dining spot here!

... comments? where should i eat if i'm in your neck of the woods?

2. bill barilko

bill barilko Full Member

The places I tell tourists to go aren't the best places at all.

the mechanic likes this.
  3. the mechanic

... another renowned place to dine in powell river is a restaurant known as the laughing oyster. here's a link to their website: the laughing oyster

4. Stuntman

Stuntman Full Member

I like Nagano Sushi in Newport Village in Port Moody. I highly recommend the sashimi salad. Lots of sashimi.

the mechanic likes this.
  5. the mechanic

... thanks for the recommendation, Stuntman! :)

6. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

Two places. Pancho's Backyard on Sheridan Street at South East Fifth Avenue. It's a Mexican restaurant. The other is Fresh Squeeze, which used to be named Langano's coffee shop. This is on East Dania Beach Boulevard. Their coffee, juices and meals are utterly groovy.

the mechanic likes this.
  7. the mechanic

... thanks for your post, Vivek. i'm assuming the location you're referring to is in miami, florida?

... another great restaurant i encountered recently is an amazing little joint called the shot in the dark café in campbell river on vancouver island. it has unquestionably the biggest and the best sandwiches i've ever tasted. just delicious! it's located across the street from the big hotel near the water which i believe is the coast discovery inn ...

8. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

No, it is in Dania Beach, south Florida. We are sandwiched between Fort Lauderdale and Hollywood, not to be confused with the more famous Hollywood in California.

the mechanic likes this.
  9. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

I like the Old Spaghetti Factory in Vancouver downtown.

the mechanic likes this.
  10. Bine

Bine Full Member

I am still a fan of Hy's

[​IMG]

the mechanic likes this.