Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

What Was the first record you ever bought?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flutterby, Mar 27, 2014.

1. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

Lolol.....i know im dating myself here: he was smokin hot and hes alive and well in s France

the mechanic likes this.
  2. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... great topic, flutterby! as a child in the '70s i loved movie soundtracks, ergo the first album i bought was john williams' score of the movie jaws which is still to this day my favorite soundtrack -- it's a bravura work of total genius!

3. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

Oh lol....of course the famous shark noise

Da da, da da, daaaa daaaaa

the mechanic likes this.
  4. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

I was a 90's kid.

the mechanic likes this.
  5. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... so that might mean your first purchase could've been matchbox twenty or nirvana or the backstreet boys?

Cookie-Monster likes this.
  6. Stuntman

Stuntman Full Member

The first album I bought was some Chinese one. It's been so long that I don't remember. I didn't start listening to western pop music until I was older. The first western album I bought was Bad Animals by Heart.

the mechanic likes this.
  7. The first record I ever bought was...
    [​IMG]

That movie and music changed my life forever.

the mechanic likes this.
  8. Cookie-Monster

Cookie-Monster New Member

First albulm on tape was NKOTB on cd when they came out was Backstreet Boys ....so embarassed now lol !!! :laugh:

9. chrissy

chrissy Full Member

Well i was into 70/80 music and my first single record i bought was by Racey some girls in 1979
    you`ve probably never heard of them.
    My first album was Barry Manilow magic .
    Now that was music you could sing along too . :rofl:

10. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

Barry Manilow....classic!

" oh Mandy.....you gave without taking, but I sent you away..
    You kissed me and stopped me from shaking....".

Wow.

11. igor

igor Junior Member

Meatloaf ... I'll do anything for love. (except unlawful things :rofl:)

12. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

Er.....I think it was in May or June 1970 in London, England. The LP album was named "This Is Israel." It had adorable songs like Hava Nagila, Hevenu Shalom Aleichem, Ez Vakevess, Nigun Attik. Now someone might ask: "Why would a Trinidadian of Indian Hindu descent go out of his way to buy and enjoy Jewish music?"

I don't normally answer one question with another. But my response would be: "Why do white people just love to eat in Chinese restaurants? There are no blond or blue-eyed Chinese people."

13. Stuntman

Stuntman Full Member

Don't you like to eat at restaurants that serve food from cultures other than your own? I guess I answered your question with another. :)

14. May102014

May102014 New Member

The first record I ever bought was The Bodyguard soundtrack. It was a few years after the movie came out and I was probably 8 or 9. I remember hearing the song, I Will Always Love You, and begging my mom to get the record for me. To this day that is my favorite movie soundtrack. The funny part is I only listen to songs by Whitney Houston and completely neglect all the other artists on the album. I know that's awful but hey, I'm a Whitney fan.

15. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

Politely, I think you missed the point. What I meant was that I am not Jewish, but I utterly LOVE Israeli folk music.

16. flutterby

flutterby Active Member