Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

What Should You Do If A FIRE Breaks Out In Your Home?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the mechanic, Oct 25, 2015.

1. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... let's say the unspeakable happens and a fire starts in your house or apartment. what should you do?

... a common place for fires to start is in the kitchen. if a fire was to erupt in your kitchen what would you do? would you try to put it out? would you call the fire department right away?

... has anyone had to deal with fires before? comments about this? :(

2. Stuntman

Stuntman Full Member

It depends on the type of fire and what apparatus you have at hand. If it is a grease fire, do not pour water on it. People make this mistake and make the fire worse.

the mechanic likes this.
  3. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... thank you for your smart reply, Stuntman ...

... a few years ago i was shocked to see that the spattering fat from a chicken i was baking was igniting a fire in the roof of my oven. if i recall correctly, i actually did use water to extinguish it. it was the only way i could think of ...