Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Fashion & Beauty What shampoo do you use?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milquetoast, Jul 1, 2010.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

I'm having trouble finding a good shampoo. Head & Shoulders Sensitive Care didn't clean that well. Despite all the hate, Pantene is actually okay for me but I'm looking for something new.

There was a fad awhile back about not shampooing. The theory was that after an initial oily/greasy phase, your hair adapts and ends up looking better. Tried it for a month before giving up.

Bought these to use yesterday:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mon

mon New Member

I'm using Phyto atm. The one that I'm using is for women hair thinning and a friend got it for my birthday last year :rolleyes: Pretty good but I'm not sure about the hair thinning part. Seems like I shed as much as my cats :p

My absolutely favourite one is Goldwell (forgot the kind). Not cheap but worth every penny!

3. ema

ema Full Member

lol I don't have one brand that I stick with.

But as of now I alternate each day with:
    1. Crabtree & Evelyn's La Source (seaweed base shampoo&conditioner)
    [​IMG]
    2. Herbal Essences Hello Hydration
    [​IMG]

4. mon

mon New Member

Crabtree $ Evelyn's Le(a?) Source used to be my favourite scent. As I grow older, I cannot tolerate anything with a strong scent. Aging sucks! :mad: Another thing that turn me away from C&E is their products are made out of peanuts oil. I felt terrible that one time I was around a friend who is allergic to peanuts and she felt so sick from inhaling my hand cream :'(

5. melvin88

melvin88 New Member

Bumble & Bumble "Gentle" shampoo works great for everyday use and on coloured hair.

6. KMBourke

KMBourke New Member

Blonde by John Frieda...

It's great for the summer.

7. jdek

jdek New Member

usually sauve coconut!

8. tenshi888

tenshi888 Junior Member

I use the tresemme volume one!

9. o

o Junior Member

10. lwza

lwza Junior Member

Me too! And also Lush shampoo bars.

11. feifeitheman

feifeitheman New Member

I use the Tresemme 24hr Body^^

12. irisa

irisa New Member

herbal essences uplifting volume shampoo and conditioner has to be the best combination for me yet. leaves hair super soft and gorgeously shiny

[​IMG]

13. supmuffin

supmuffin New Member

I'm currently using Herbal Essences Tousle me Softly, but any shampoo from the collection smells great and feels good on the hair.

Tresemme also makes the hair feel soft and touchable. =)

14. kaytlyn

kaytlyn New Member

My favourite is Paul Mitchel super skinny, it makes my hair soo soft!

15. hotindiangirl

hotindiangirl New Member

I bought some Joico Shampoo recently

16. teritc

teritc New Member

17. tenshi888

tenshi888 Junior Member

Tesemme's Antibreakage and volumizing shampoo and conditioner. But I find my hair still having lots of split ends..so maybe it doesn't work...

18. ema

ema Full Member

i switched up my shampoo again and right now I'm using Philosophy's Grace and afterwards i use a hair serum from john frieda.
    [​IMG]
    some time last year, i was using a biodegradable shampoo but that didn't clean well.

19. bellazz

bellazz Guest

try different shampoos and pick the one that suits ur hair. as everyone has different nature of hair so the appropriatae shampoo also varies from person-person. by the way i also soap instead of shampoo.

20. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

I use Jason's tea tree oil shampoo. No more itchy head.