Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

What Japanese did in world war 2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maple leaf, Sep 7, 2015.

1. maple leaf

maple leaf Full Member

Japanese kill Chinese children

[​IMG]

2. maple leaf

maple leaf Full Member

What China has learned from the world war 2

3. maple leaf

maple leaf Full Member

4. maple leaf

maple leaf Full Member

5. maple leaf

maple leaf Full Member

6. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

Japanese troops and their government behaved like Atilla the Hun during World War Two! What did make them a little less evil than Hitler was that they did not set out systematically to exterminate entire ethnicities like the Nazis did.

7. maple leaf

maple leaf Full Member

Japanese troops killed 300,000 Chinese CIVILIANS in one day at Nanking, they wanted to kill all Chinese if they could, but Chinese population was over 400,000,000 that time. The Japanese set up a bacterial lab to invent disease to kill Chinese, before they spread diseases the war came to an end.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  8. Stuntman

Stuntman Full Member

I was fortunate to not have grown up during that time. I know my wife's grandfather was the sole survivor of his entire family who were massacred by Japanese soldiers.

9. maple leaf

maple leaf Full Member

My father had 9 family members killed by Japanese in world war 2, they are all civilians, the youngest was only 4 years old when he was killed.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  10. Vivek Golikeri

All depends on what your heritage is. If it is Chinese, this bitterness about the Nanjing atrocities is perfectly legitimate. However, the British did something just as horrible during World War Two called the Bengal Famine. They diverted India's rice supplies toward other sources. Canada and America generously offered huge supplies of rice to feed India. The British government deliberately refused to let the food in!

My grand-uncle Ramakanth Golikeri, was a freedom fighter during Gandhi's day. The British tortured him, and he eventually died of his wounds.

Just like the Irish Potato Famine, the Bengal Famine was a man-made holocaust. I can feel sorry about Chinese suffering. But I actually ENJOY watching Japanese troops terrorize white Britons. I don't care who is angered upon reading this.

11. maple leaf

maple leaf Full Member

The meaning of life is not how much you own, but how you will be remembered.

The Japanese soldier who killed that little boy would always be remembered as a piece of shit, a shame to the Japanese nation. his life worths nothing. A Canadian doctor -- Henry Norman Bethune,who saved lots of Chinese's life during world war two, is remembered as an hero in China forever.

As human being, people live in the same era should treat each other like brothers & sisters, because if you were born 100 years earlier or later you would never meet each other, however the truth is people hate each other, there is too much hatred in the world, people kill each other, hurt each other, discriminate each other, they just don't want to be nice to each other.

Try to be nice to each other is not something that hard, actually it will bring happiness to your life. you be nice to people, people be nice to you back, the relationship between you and other people is positive. if you are mean to people, they will be mean to you too, that will make your life miserable.

12. maple leaf

maple leaf Full Member

A must-see documentary video, you will know everything about what happened between China & Japan in world war two, you will know why Japanese wanted to kill civilian Chinese --because they wanted to robe China's land before they congue the whole world.

13. Vivek Golikeri

Nya-nya-nya-nya......preach, preach, preach, preach......look lady. I know how to keep things in balance. Don't need your Sunday school. I don't hate English people of today! I know many wonderful persons. But yes, I do hate the British Empire. And yes, I do enjoy watching the Japanese give the white man a taste of his own medicine.

If I need soft soap, I can buy it at the supermarket.

14. maple leaf

maple leaf Full Member

Don't get me wrong, I am not giving you lessons or some kind of soft soap, actually I don't mind you hate white Britians, it has nothing to do with me. I write those words just to express how I feel about this world.

15. maple leaf

maple leaf Full Member

Japanese culture originated from China's Tang dynasty, like the tea, rice, noodles, Ramen, traditional dress, traditional archtechtures, temples...but Japanese are good at faking these Chinese cultures as Japanese "inventions", they took Chinese culture as their own for granted, and tried to take China's land as their own by massacra Chinese people.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  16. maple leaf

maple leaf Full Member

Modern China has lost those traditional culture heritages from Tang dynasty due to China's cultural revolution in 1960s. they destroyed every traditional heritage but replaced with nothing, the new rule class of China comes from rural Chinese countryside, they bring no cultures with them at all. after 30 years of regime now Chinese are trying to get back to their traditional culture but new generation favor american culture more than that. you can still see those traditional cultures remaining in Taiwan, Singapore and other places whose population most are Chinese.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    the mechanic likes this.
  17. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... hi maple leaf! how are you today?

... i reel with shock every time i see the opening picture in this thread with the baby skewered on the bayonet. it would be amusing if it wasn't so savage ...

... interesting what you say about the japanese. they had quite a reputation as utterly ruthless in WWII. i remember my scottish grandmother had a lifelong dislike of the japanese for what they did in the war. however, i doubt the japanese are at all unique in rendering atrocities against their enemies in wartime ...

maple leaf likes this.
  18. Vivek Golikeri

No Mechanic, the Japanese behaved like sadistic monsters during WW Two. Partly it was learned from their ally, Nazi Germany. Partly it was the samurai cruelty and warlike behavior from their own past. Maple Leaf is Chinese, so I can understand her anger about Nanjing. I am of Hindu descent, so you can understand my anger against the starvation which British bureaucracy exacerbated.

When Japanese troops attacked Burma, the British Empire evacuated all their white troops, and left all their non-white troops to bear the brunt of Japan's savagery. I have no hate against young white Britons today. But in that theatre of war, I enjoy watching Japan giving the racial oppressors hell.

19. Bine

Bine Full Member

Speak up Vivek, let this forum be your soapbox. My brother Bill was sent from Europe to Asia following the defeat of Hitler. The war ended before he got to Japan but he was ready to fight. He had said that he was ready to kill any enemy in the name of Canada and our freedom. I remember when I was in high-school I was told that the Japanese were treacherous and deceitful.

I worked with Shiro Kawanaga every day, for over 30 years when I worked at the City of Vancouver. After the war, being a Japanese Canadian born in Steveton he never complained about his mistreatment during the war. He held it, he hated it, but as a man he never let it define him nor explain him. He raised his family, to forgive, but to never forget...

The Chinese/Japanese divide of long ago is simply foolish now, building bridges is what is needed, not war or generational hatred.

I am old now, (86 in March!)but I see the same foolishness, lies and a blindness to reality that I observed over seventy years ago.

20. Vivek Golikeri

Shiro Kawanaga may never have complained because he sensed that most whites around him were unsympathetic. They did not care to hear his pain, or might even have justified what he lived through. But Bine, I don't buy into that "forgive and forget" garbage. What I do concede is that just as today's Japan had nothing to do with those crimes, whites today are anything but racist pigs. They are kind, decent people, and I have had thirty-five lovely years among them.

I posted on this site because Maple Leaf brought it up. My whole point was that from the view of dark-skinned people, the Anglo-Saxon race were just as diabolical toward us as the Japanese were to them. I don't justify Japan's war crimes. But it feels nice to see the tables turned, and the white oppressor at someone's mercy.