Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

What Generational Group Are You A Member Of?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the mechanic, Aug 26, 2015.

1. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... technically speaking you might have me on this, RDL. but then that's not surprising as i know you're good with numbers ... :up:

... never thought of nirvana as a gen X band before though ...

2. Omega369

Omega369 New Member

I wasn't sure what I classified as, but now I know I'm Generation Y

Born in 1990, graduated highschool in 2008.

Some memorable events in my life was Y2K, 9/11 and progression of public internet.

I wish I was around for Woodstock.

the mechanic likes this.
  3. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

Were you at least eighteen while World War Two was going on. That expression "greatest generation" means those who fought the war, not just anyone who was alive at the time. I have always taken Tom Brokaw's term "greatest generation" with a fair amount of sarcasm, because whites already grown up before WW Two ended were generally so racist and narrow-minded.

Yeah, they helped to defeat Hitler, and I am glad they were victorious. But I do not feel I owe them any special gratitude, because they just did what they were forced to. I accidentally got the benefit of their deeds. The greatest contribution to the defeat of Hitler, like it or not, was made by the Soviet Union. I never saw Britain and America hold any "thank you, Moscow" parades.

the mechanic likes this.
  4. the mechanic

... thanks for your reply Omega Man! technically speaking you were around for woodstock '94, although your parents would've had to take you to the show!

... thanks for your contribution too, Vivek! :up:

5. RDL

RDL Guest

I seriously doubt a child under the age of 13 would be allowed to go to something like that.

the mechanic likes this.
  6. the mechanic

... well, i wasn't being ENTIRELY literal with my statement. although i don't see why the child's parents wouldn't be allowed to take their child to an outdoor show like woodstock ...

... good to hear from you, RDL! how are things in the capital city?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  7. RDL

RDL Guest

Things are good here in Victoria, thanks for asking :)

This site hasn't been loading for me in the last week or so, how was everyone else able to post to this site?

the mechanic likes this.
  8. the mechanic

... been working A-okay for me, RDL ...

9. RDL

RDL Guest

That's good to hear.

How are things in Powell River?

the mechanic likes this.
  10. the mechanic

... fabulous, absolutely fabulous!