Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

What are you thinking/random thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ema, Jul 15, 2010.

1. ema

ema Full Member

Let's spark converrrrrrrrrsation la.

I'm thinking wtf, I have acid in my house. LOL...and for some odd reason the HCl has turned black. It might be the chlorine dissociating o.0 And I'm thinking how the heck do I get rid of it...=/
    w/o down the drain and hurt the pipes etc.

Anyways, I'm thinking why Canada isn't in the Celebration of Lights this year :(

2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

I'm thinking about Conway's Game of Life. The mathematical and computer science implications are over my head, but the program embodies the principle that complexity can arise from a very simple set of rules. This principle can easily be seen at every facet and level of our universe.

From the universe as a whole to galaxies, solar systems, ecosystems, cells, molecules, atoms and maybe even our consciousness. The list is really infinite. If a simple grid based game with a rudimentary rule set can create rather remarkable patterns and complexity, consciousness from neurons and electrical activity isn't much of a stretch in a universe with layers upon layers of rules that are not so simple.

Try it out, super neat because it's all done in HTML5: http://sixfoottallrabbit.co.uk/gameoflife/

3. ema

ema Full Member

^ Wow, so much info. in one post.

I'm thinking wtf about getting my student card tomorrow.

4. McGoogan

McGoogan New Member

I'm thinking that 2nd cup of coffee I just had has jarred something loose. :eek:

5. jolan101

jolan101 New Member

thinking about to go Or not to go to the PNE today :confused:...

6. Mike33

Mike33 New Member

thinking about what to do for this halloween, club scene is played out........ Any one know a good scare besides fright night?

7. Mike33

Mike33 New Member

Fireworks require a permit, and you cant really get any loud fireworks either........... Halloween isnt what it used to be :(

8. ema

ema Full Member

Have you googled up haunted houses?

9. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Thinking about how it feels when wet bar soap gets stuck underneath your nails.

[​IMG]

10. ema

ema Full Member

Wondering what colour to paint my nails. #problemsofanailaholic

11. lwza

lwza Junior Member

^I was thinking the same thing on Thursday. Decided to do'em grey-ish blue.

Now: IM GONNA ASIAN FAIL MY MIDTERM BECAUSE THE TEXTBOOK IS TOO BORING AND I CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO READ IT. :(