Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

What are the 'stay away froms'?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joeclark, Aug 18, 2017.

1. joeclark

joeclark Junior Member

If you have a whirlyblade grinder and a melitta cone then you can make pretty decent coffee from many supermarket stocks.

Stay away from domestic cans and pre-ground and flavored coffee (unless you really do want hazlenut-irish-cream - it's as good from the store as a cafe IMO).

What to look for: Reasonably Fresh beans in bags, dated if possible. Often times some of the local roasters will sell in the area supermarkets (i.e. you can get Rutamaya coffee in some of the Randall's stores in Austin, Texas). Other good bets are Illy, and LaVazza (these seem to be reasonably well-preserved in many cases and blow away Folgers and Maxwell House).

If you have a Whole Foods Market - check it out. Many of the stores are now roasting coffee in-house. You can buy it here while it's still HOT if you go in the early part of the day (in my city - YMMV). They keep it in dated bins.

Thanks

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References: http://coffeegeek.com/forums/coffee/general/78676

Landing Page Video