Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Students Website to check class averages and grade distributions for UBC courses

Discussion in 'Employment and Students' started by milquetoast, Jun 21, 2010.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Here's a hidden gem I found via the UBC webct discussions board (now defunct :().

https://www.secure.pair.ubc.ca/reports/gradesdist_request.action

You can look up courses based on year, faculty, session, and section. It'll show you not only the class average, but a histogram and distribution of the grades. This is valuable since class averages can be misleading without taking into account the standard deviation and the spread of the data, which you can view on PAIR easily.

2. ema

ema Full Member

Mmm, I think this is the new link
    pair.ubc.ca

Then go to Data Access and navigate from there :)

3. milquetoast

Same link :p, the site just acts finicky a lot (like everything else at UBC)

4. ema

ema Full Member

LOL I didn't even notice that, oh goodness.

5. milquetoast

FYI, when your prof or instructor submits the final grades, the distribution and averages appear right away on PAIR. SSC won't show anything until the last exam date. So if you're curious (or crazy) you can view the class averages and the spread of the grades before you know your own mark.