Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Visiting my girlfriend in Vancouver... restaurant/event suggestions?

Discussion in 'Food, Drinks and Dining' started by irrdev, Jan 3, 2013.

1. irrdev

irrdev New Member

My girlfriend and I are both originally from Calgary, and my girlfriend moved to Vancouver for temporary work one month ago. I am coming out to visit her tomorrow for a few days and while I have briefly visited Vancouver before, I really don't know the city that well. I would like to take her out either tomorrow (Friday) or Saturday night and was wondering if there are any suggestions for what do for a special evening out? Are there any restaurants/desert places/special events that are going on in city that anyone could recommend? Nothing ultra-expensive as we are trying to save money but, then again, I do know that Vancouver tends to be more pricey, and I really do want to treat her to a special evening out. Any suggestions would be welcome!

2. Bill

Bill Guest

Bill'z Burgerz in Surrey is good.

3. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

4. Suggestion

Suggestion Guest

5. Bine

Bine Full Member

Try the Tomahawk!
    • 1550 Philip Avenue
    • North Vancouver, BC
    • V7P 2V8 CANADA
    My favourite for breakfast is the:
    MIXED GRILL
    Nine generous slices of Yukon style bacon, two country fresh eggs, fried or scrambled, two slices of Klondike toast, ORGANIC hamburger patty, aged cheddar cheese, wiener, onions and fresh sautéed mushrooms.
    and for lunch:
    CHIEF SIMON BAKER BURGER
    Organic ground beef patty, Yukon-style bacon, sautéed fresh mushrooms and aged cheddar cheese.
    http://www.tomahawkrestaurant.com/index.html

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

6. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

^More of a place for guys with a big appetite rather than a place to take a date for a special night out :p.

You could also try Miku for their aburi sushi, but it's pricier: http://mikurestaurant.com/

7. honeycomb

honeycomb Junior Member