Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Students VCC (Vancouver Community College)

Discussion in 'Employment and Students' started by Adorablegirl, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Adorablegirl

Adorablegirl Guest

Hi everyone! I'm planning to continue my education in Vancouver and i've choosen VCC. But i don't really know much about this place (except general information) and i wonder if you can help me. May be some of you heard smth. or even studied there...Is it a good place to study or Hamber in Toronto is better?-)
    Thanks.

2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Hey there, sorry I missed this post.

VCC is good for some programs (culinary) and mediocre to awful for others. What are you planning to study?

Also, do you mean Humber College?

3. cameradouche

cameradouche Guest

It depends on the program you want to take. They have a good cooking program and ESL seems alright from what I've heard. But I have a friend who took the legal office course there and said it was a waste of money. The stuff taught did not prepare her at all for real work in law firms. And also be careful of the instructor John Demeulemeester. He is apparently racist, irresponsible and unethical, and has exaggerated credentials. According to my friend he would seem nice enough in class but he would always ignore her and other classmates's when they email him with questions and concerns. He would also be very sloppy in marking and grading work and do lazy stuff like give every student in the class the same grade. And he's also seen around campus dating a student. So my advice is, go to VCC but just don't take the admin or legal office program there.