Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Local Vancouver's 1st Cupcake Challenge

Discussion in 'Food, Drinks and Dining' started by milquetoast, Jun 20, 2010.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

2. milquetoast

It was super crowded! Lots of yummy freebies, but barely any places to dump our garbage. I took some pictures, will post them later.

Winners:

3. milquetoast

Some pictures are pretty crappy, but my priority was to avoid being squished by the crowd of people and to sample cupcakes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. milquetoast

Got this in my email today:

Thank you for attending Vancouver's 1st Cupcake Challenge on Sunday, June 20th.

With the tremendous success of over 1100 attendees throughout the day, we will certainly be making this into an annual event!

Frosting Cupcakery, winner of the Judges' Choice and People's Choice awards, would also like to say thank you by offering you another FREE cupcake!

We have attached a coupon to take to Frosting Cupcakery in Langley to receive your free cupcake.
    (As well, Frosting is turning 'One' on Sunday, June 27th and will be providing free cupcakes and coffee at their location! Information on their event is also attached.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. letsgokayaking

letsgokayaking New Member

Nice photos. Do you know who won? We used "Sweet Cravings", which is an online bakery (Denise, she's wonderful) for cupcakes for our daughter's wedding. They are SO awesome, that we used her again for a big party in June. Rich, moist, not too sweet. Lots of different flavours (the carrot cake ones are amazing!), and she delivers!! Highly recommended... about a gazillion times better than from the Cupcakes stores.

6. living_life_604

living_life_604 New Member

Wow, those cupcakes look so good!! =)