Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Vancouver Riot -- List of Exposed Individuals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Removed, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Removed

Removed Guest

Through the use of social media, the following individuals have been exposed for (allegedly) participating in the Vancouver Riot of Wednesday, June 15th.

Quote from the Premier:
    --------------------

They were very proud of their actions during the riot. Therefore, they should be proud to have their name recognized for such actions.

This index was created from photos #1-1470. Feel free to add to the list as more are identified.

--------------------

[removed]

2. nick auger

nick auger Guest

It was all in good fun...but i dont like how this is at the top of the google results for my name.

i wish to be removed as i was actually in vic the whole time these riots happened. i felt like feeding off the ignorance of the people defaming people needlessly and it appears the ignorance has once again come back to haunt me.
    much appreciated, thank you :)

3. ema

ema Full Member

so...you posted that to be bold and "cool" im sure the admin will remove your name for you but I think your stupidity resulting in your name being "google-able" for the vancouver riot is worth it. the vancouver riot was no laughing matter, and to lie that u were there and stole is funnier. serves you right in my opinion

4. Van Houten

Van Houten New Member

Good thing nobody cares about your opinion. This can ruin people's reputation, and I also know many people were framed and wrongly accused of rioting due to sarcastic comments and the malicious intent of other people. Stop taking things so seriously, the people that did this kind of thing to others are just as bad, if not worse than some people at the riot. I myself am on the list as well, being falsely accused of something i didn't do because somebody felt like modifying the HTML of one of my posts in an editor to make it look like i had a status that admitted guilt to rioting and then screenshotted/posted it in the riot pic group...i got everything from death threats, to calls to my employer and school. it's despicable what these people do without any real proof of the activity. You have to learn that this damages people unjustly, and is not a public matter by most concerns. Grow up a little.

5. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

6. ema

ema Full Member

hooray, no one cares about yours either! join the boat :D saved you a seat.
    if you had read my previous comments, i never said that being accused is justified. in your case, you have the rights to complain but nick w/e his name was does not. he was just being a douche by joking around, "oh i stole this and that". Lolz if u had even read my comments, i was probably the only person defending camille cause i think it's ridonk how people are blowing it out of proportions.

You being accused is purely wrong. I agree. But you going on about how I need to grow up because this can ruin someone's reputation, well la di da, nick should have thought about that before he made a "joking" comment. Now you add more crap for the cops to do, taking more money out of our taxes cause douchebaggie nick there decided to have some fun with pretending to be some cool dude to his friends. That's something he should face, yeah the consequences are very extreme but honestly, what kind of dumb stupid kid would joke about stealing in the riot, as sarcastic as that can be...use your brain. I agree with you that this stuff does wreck someone's reputation, make people lose their jobs etc. and I'm sorry that you had to deal with it but this is what social media does. Especially in this day and age with everything at our fingertips, it's unfortunate that you had to deal with it when you were innocent.

But nick douchebaggie there is just utterly stupid, I think your comment about growing up should be directed at him, not me.

cheeseshredder likes this.
  7. Van Houten

Van Houten New Member

so? i was doing the same thing he was and posting sarcastic jokes...somebody merely took mine a little more seriously and friended me with a fake profile. these people were on their high horse accusing people left right and center of rioting because they had pictures of them next to a burning car, or a "OMG! Riot!" status...it was BS. I remember his picture in question, and they ever so conveniently left out the posts that made it completely obvious he was mocking somebody who accused him of rioting. In no way was it apparent to anybody of even a severely hindered IQ that he was in any way serious, or it was possible he was there...He made it clear 4 posts down that he wasn't even there. i dont know the other details about him and his situation, but they were burning everybody at the cross opposed to what they were doing by doing the same thing to them, these people's mindsets are imbalanced and they have no right to access of the internet in my opinion...like look at the guy who made this, he was removed....probably for a good reason.
    As far as i am concerned, what i saw them do to Nick and myself was beyond a doubt reprehensible, and completely reminiscent of school yard bullying.

8. milquetoast

Way to mislead us :whistle:. There's a difference between being framed and making an inappropriate joke.

As for your other comments, you're preaching to the choir.

9. ema

ema Full Member

And that my friend is what society does.
    I'm not saying it's right to do that but it's best to stay out of it, I wasn't there and I didn't joke about being there. Use some common sense next time, if everyone is being an idiot, why feed them and be an idiot yourself.

Agreed that it's rather disgusting and hard to absorb but sadly we live in a world filled with idiots either way, just do your best not to add to it.

First I gave you props and felt like my post was rather mean but now that I think about it, you and nick are both the same douche baggies with no brains. Lolz I'm glad you had to defend yourself, if you had a brain then you wouldn't be in the situation of having to explain yourself. Those people are terrible but you're just the same by leading them on, lolz.

10. Van Houten

Van Houten New Member

It wasn't my jokes used against me, it was the status.

Look, you guys weren't there, and dont know what i was trying to accomplish. i was merely trying to make people aware of some of the tricks like the HTML thing done to me (ironically enough) that they were using as Libel to defame people, the facts regarding laws that people apparently needed clarification on, and my comments were only directed at the people causing trouble who were not showing any concern for the victimized parties. The people that set out to do this were matched by ignorant responses and hostility from this "mob", which was much like the one at the riot in so many ways. So really, i got nothing to prove to any of you, good day.

11. ema

ema Full Member

Word of advice: If the lion is hungry, don't put a piece of meat in front of it. nuff said. rofl so corny.

12. milquetoast

[​IMG]

We agree with you. No one here is debating how horrible the people from the facebook group can be. For what it's worth, I stopped participating in that facebook group early on because I was disgusted at the comments and actions of some of the people there. The ironic thing is they weren't even aware that they had succumbed to the same type of mob mentality that the rioters had.

However, to troll about participating in the riot for lulz is more than a little irresponsible. Those who did joke around obviously don't deserve to get death threats, but that doesn't mean it's not a stupidly inappropriate thing to do.

I'm a little confused about what you did. If someone simply falsified your status because you were trying to educate others, then no one is blaming you for anything. If you made jokes about being in the riot like Nick, then you did something dumb that backfired, that's all.

The plus side is that society has a short attention span. A few days after the riot, most people have lost interest. In a year - Camille Cacnio, who's that?

13. Anon

Anon Guest

Actually, most of these people were framed. Some person went on facebook and photoshopped tons of fake status updates about pretty much the same thing. ie: how many cars they rolled, stealing that $400 purse.
    If you read all of those they have the same format, short and sweet with a winkey face.

the mechanic likes this.
  14. the mechanic

the mechanic Active Member

... whoever started this thread and helped the gangster vancouver police department by posting people's names is a scumbag rat -- total diseased nutcase vermin -- and should be permanently banned from owning a computer and using the internet ...

:facepalm: