Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Arts & Culture Vancouver Christmas Market 2010 - November 24 to December 24

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milquetoast, Nov 23, 2010.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Update - went the other night and thought it was too expensive. They should either drop the admission fee or lower the food and activity prices. The space is ridiculously small too so it doesn't warrant an admission fee. I had a baked potato which was okay and I loved the Black Forest baked apple from Das Apfelhaus, the vanilla sauce was not too sweet which is a good thing IMO.

-----------------------------------
    Vancouver's first authentic (or so they claim) Christmas market. I love Christmas so I'm delighted to see this event, sad that they're charging an admissions fee though. It opens tomorrow, so I would love to hear some feedback and see some pictures.

Be sure to check http://www.forumvancouver.com/pages/vancouvergroupbuy/ before going to potentially save 50% off tickets. Past deals (from Grooster, Teambuy, and Steal the deal) have been $5 for 2 general admission passes.

Groupon will be having $9 for Two Tickets and Two Gluhwein Mugs at the Vancouver Christmas Market ($18 Value) in a few days.

Wednesday November 24 to Friday December 24 - 11 am to 9 pm daily
    Downtown Vancouver - Outdoor plaza at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre
    650 Hamilton Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 2P1
    http://www.vancouverchristmasmarket.com/

Ticket costs - rates include HST
    Adult (13 + years) - $5 General Admission, $2 Mon – Fri 11am-2pm
    Youth (7 – 12 years) - $2
    Child (0 – 6 years) - FREE

[​IMG]

2. milquetoast

3. milquetoast

Opening has been delayed due to fire.

4. ema

ema Full Member

Yeah there were a bunch of propane tanks =/

5. milquetoast

UPDATE: The Vancouver Christmas Market reopens SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 28 at 11:00am - Special opening day gift from Vancouver Christmas Market: first 50 people entering tomorrow get a FREE Glühwein or Kids Activity!

Saw a note from one of the event organizers about how there won't be any other group buy deals on admission after the Groupon one, so buy it off Groupon if you're planning to go.