Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Vancouver: Canadian City Or Chinese Colony?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vancouverfun, May 1, 2014.

1. maple leaf

maple leaf Full Member

I see a barking dog can"t find his place, wandering in between white and brown dogs., thinking if he bit a bird would win white dogs acceptance. day dream. yes they would accept you if you are poor slaves, not as an equal human being with dignity.

2. maple leaf

maple leaf Full Member

wow, you are plying God here, you can pick and chose, and obviously you hate mandarin people like me, oh God, why am I still here? where is your magic power to kick me out of Canada?

You know why? because I am a tax payer, I pay more tax and spend way more money than you here in Canada, you are just a berden to this country, not someone who contribute to this country. who need someone greedy and selfish like you? who want to saddle with someone rude and hostel like you? I don't like selfish, greedy and hostel people like you, but I like Canadian land, just like your ancestors they only like the land not the people here when they first landed north America. what they did is bloody killing, what we did is spending our money to save Canadian economy. what a difference! God knows everything, I wonder how he will panish selfish and hostel people like you.

3. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

Maple Leaf, you are subconsciously working on a worn-out paradigm. That is, the idea that racism means whites against all other races, and that we non-whites must unite against the white oppressor. Now, that was valid forty years ago. But today, younger whites are frequently tolerant while varying visible minorities often turn upon each other. I get far more anti-immigrant hatred from African-Americans than from whites in America.

When I think of how whites were four decades ago, I feel the same anger you express. But your sentiments seem caught in a time warp. Idi Amin robbed my people and expelled them from Uganda, and in many African countries Indians are hated. I don't actively wish ill on Africa, but refuse to donate one penny when asked to help with African relief efforts.

4. david0

david0 New Member

I recommed We argue in a calm mood 。
    intense words does not add to the force of persuasion

Vivek Golikeri likes this.
  5. splooge

splooge Guest

but assimilating to the local culture is very canadian if you think about it. Not like the whites went native coming here.
    As long asw they obey the laws and aint huritng anyone who cares.
    Not like every aspect of our culture is great

6. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

I never said that keeping one's heritage was wrong. Look at the Jews. They keep their culture very well. However, they do it privately and behave as good Canadians or Americans in public. I still Indian food, listen to Trinidad calypsoes, attend a Japanese temple or sit in meditation. Yet the only flag on my house is the American flag, as it should be the Maple Leaf if you settle in Canada.