Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Undecided Voter - I wish I could split my vote...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joe, May 8, 2013.

1. Joe

Joe Full Member

between 3 or 4 parties - because in all truth, I don't think any one of them alone is capable of governing BC alone and delivering a totally fair and equitable mandate for the people of the province. None of them seems to the total solution, and actually a coalition government might be best for everyone, with each party having a minister in cabinet, getting some say in how the systemis run.

But of course, the current system doesn't work like that.

You can't vote .5 vote for NDP, .25 vote for BC Lib and .25 for someone else, like Green.

It's 'one man, one vote'. You either vote NDP, BC Liberal, Green or Conservative, or someone else. Either 100% NDP in power, or 100% BC Lib running the show. Which is a shame, because listening to all the candidates, each has something to offer, some better than others. What one has, the other seems to lack.

But I think that'd be a good way to do it, so in the end, when the votes got counted up, all the fractional voting would still round up the total to 100%.

What do you folks think? Would a fractional voting system work? Does it have any merits, or would fraud be the order of the day?