Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Students UBC LipDub - Do The Dub

Discussion in 'Employment and Students' started by UBC LipDub, Mar 17, 2011.

1. UBC LipDub

UBC LipDub Guest

FV admin edit -

-------------
    On Saturday March 26, 2011, over one thousand university, high school students, and community members are coming together to rock out and show off their special skills; all while lip-synching the words to Pink’s Raise Your Glass and Marianas Trench’s* Celebrity Status (*possible guest appearance).

This event is called UBC LipDub. The UBC Lipdub will then be posted on the web and bring international attention to UBC and the city of Vancouver.

Proceeds Go To Charity:
    “All money collected from donations and pledges; based on the number of YouTube hits we get will go to charity.” UVic received 40,000 hits in their first day. UQAM in Montreal has accumulated 7 MILLION over the past year.

Go to www.ubclipdub.com
    This is going to be RIDICULOUS :)

What is a LipDub, you ask?

Well let me tell you.
    • LipDub is a style of YouTube video with a tendency of going viral.
    • A huge group of students and community members rockin' out to an awesome song for a day.
    • This will all be filmed in a single shot…dun dun dun.
    Why has UBC decided to do a LipDub?

UBC LipDub will:
    • Bring together students to interact with peers they likely never would have met.
    • Promote UBC globally, while strengthening the bond with our community locally.
    • Raise some serious coin for charity by collecting pledges from companies and organizations.
    It’s a WIN-WIN-WIN situation. I’m no mathematician, but I like those odds.
    Do you have to be a UBC student to participate?

You don't have to be a student to participate, everyone is welcome.

How did you come up with the idea to make such a wicked LipDub, you ask?

Well, you certainly ask a lot of questions, don’t you Curious George?

It all started one fateful, grey Vancouver afternoon in midterm season. I was studying for my Geography exam with fair diligence for a few hours, deservedly earning my five-minute Facebook break. The first thing I saw was a video from University of Victoria, and several friends commented on it. So I watched it…and was amazed. Then, needless to say, my five-minute break turned into a few hours (woops). I immediately had to research everything there was to know about LipDub, how it started, who has done it, and how I could make this happen for UBC and Vancouver.

2. UBC LipDub

UBC LipDub Guest

3. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Fuck yeah yellow ranger. The camera movement made me a bit dizzy though. Nice work regardless.

Oh yeah, Edwin Venturi @ 3:56
    [​IMG]

4. SFU student

SFU student Guest

not going to lie, amazing video UBC.

GJ! :)

5. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

6. eclipse0

eclipse0 Guest

Meh... should have stuck with 1 song.

7. SFU Lipdub