Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Students UBC is perpetually under construction

Discussion in 'Employment and Students' started by milquetoast, Sep 9, 2010.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

I'm in my 4th year now and it was no different when I started.

The buildings also tend to fall apart quickly, the Ladha Science Centre is crappy and littered with dents, cracks and above all, FRUIT FLIES. Hundreds of them. It's as if no one cleans the place (you can tell by the 3 year old stains inside the cupboards). Then again, it also doesn't help that many students don't throw their garbage away. Shame.

Irving K. Barber is also starting to look more run down.

Although, I like the renovated lecture halls in Buchanan. Totally digging the fish scale artwork with the old chairs and seats.

My evening rant.

2. ema

ema Full Member

ROFL, Irving looks pretty decent imo
    BUCHANAN is starting to look nice
    Hmm the MATH building is crap and so is the building next to the Museum of Anthro+Soci

3. o

o Junior Member

loving the new buchannan (don't know how to spell i t )
    still doing renovations

i guess it depends on faculty and how much they wanna pay to fix buildings>?

4. milquetoast

Some pictures I took of the microwaves in the Ladha Science Centre. How hard it is to clean the stupid things? We pay $22.82 every year to SUS and they can't even keep stuff clean.

Some of that stuff has been caked on for a few years. I checked the day after taking the pictures and one microwave was even nastier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. 6u-huo.l.uV

6u-huo.l.uV Moderator Staff Member

anso: worst. building. ever.

6. ema

ema Full Member

Agreed ^
    got soci class in there and...it looked like a cell to me
    the only building that's decent and the washrooms are clean is buchanan A lol
    As well as, buchanan D...irving k. barber is just fail. Becuase there's so many people there and honestly to the girls who use the washrooms there and if you're reading this.
    MAKE SURE TO CHECK BEFORE YOU LEAV EHT ESTALL /rant
    oh yeah the math building girl washrooms suck too, terrible terrible odour and place.

7. milquetoast

^Lesson: hold it in until you get home.

Irving has nice washrooms though, at least for men.

ANSO is major fail. They stuff so many students into one tiny class room (isn't that a fire hazard?) and turn on the temperature so high.

Makes me pretty damn sleepy, especially since my prof's voice is rather dull.

8. ema

ema Full Member

Wood washrooms are gross for girls. I see period blood and crap ON the seats.
    UBC has gone into major construction, the Knoll side of the SUB is fenced off. Makes getting to class frustrating.