Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Tricky flight centre!!!

Discussion in 'Employment and Students' started by FCJobApplicant, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Got a phone interview from them today. the job posting stated clearly that the salary is between 70k-80k depending on experience. And when I had a chance to talk to their recruitment agency today...a lady told me the base salary is 60% of the salary range and the rest of the 40% is commission based...Well, honestly, they should have rephrased it as You can earn up to 70k - 80k per annum, then potential candidates would know it must be basic + commission. I just found it unacceptable that a company could be so tricky about the salary they offer...

2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

That sucks. Wonder if there are any legal ramifications for companies that lie like that.