Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Students TransLink threatens to cancel U-Pass

Discussion in 'Employment and Students' started by milquetoast, May 26, 2011.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

What a joke. Translink's credibility went out the door once they mentioned an overinflated loss value. It's like they took a cue from the record companies in their calculations :rolleyes:.

Srsly Translink, if you want to gain public sympathy, don't fudge your numbers.

2. ema

ema Full Member

I'm starting to think it's ridic with the U-Pass, I know that UBC's whatever person has defended Translink and said that if it was either price increase and card wending machines OR nothing at all. It seems as though the news is reporting that UBC students fully accepted the price increase with last year's vote which isn't true, I recall that we were told the options of "price increase or no U-Pass at all" so obviously we chose the price increase. i'm putting this out there because some people i know have said some things on the line of why are you ubc kids complaining?

they never told us it would be monthly u-passes lol that's not what was voted on, what was being voted on was price increase or no U-Pass at all.