Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Translink smart card finalist names released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milquetoast, Jan 20, 2011.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

The three names they selected are pretty lame IMO. http://www.translink.ca/contest

1. Compass Card
    2. Tpass
    3. Starfish Card

What happened to the other finalist names? Otter, George and Umbrella were listed earlier. I personally submitted Orca Card because it fits with the naming convention in other cities (HK's Octopus Card and London's Oyster Card). I suppose they didn't choose Orca because that's what Seattle calls theirs, but Compass isn't unique either because San Diego uses it. Otter Card would have been a good alternative, but it looks like they took that out for some reason.

2. 6u-huo.l.uV

6u-huo.l.uV Moderator Staff Member

3. Harry Wotsit

Harry Wotsit Guest

4. None

None Guest

TPass.. t*ts, p**sy, ass?

5. Marshy

Marshy Guest

Personally I like "Umbrella Pass" because it rains so much in Vancouver lol.

fallinstar likes this.
  6. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

We now share the same transit pass name as San Diego, GJ Vancouver :down:. http://compass.511sd.com/

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - The "Compass" has beat out the "T-Pass" and the "Starfish."

Mike Madill with TransLink joined us on the News1130 Morning Show to unveil the name of its new electronic fare card.

"We had about 56,000 entries," he explains. "We sorted it down to three finalists, [which we] put to a vote of the public. And the public chose 'compass.'" (only because they omitted the popular choices :facepalm: what a bunch of nubes.)

You'll be able to load the cards with cash or put your monthly passes on it. Compass cards won't be used until 2013.

[​IMG]