Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Translink Fail

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milquetoast, Sep 10, 2010.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

One of those days where all the buses are crowded or late.

Before 8 am, the skytrain stopped working (or so I hear) so the buses were impossible to get on at stops away from the stations. Heard the stations themselves were packed as well.

At UBC it took 20 minutes to travel from the traffic circle to the bus loop.

Heading home, the 43 driver was either late or forgot his shift. There were two 43s that left at the same time.

I don't know why they rearranged the bus stops at UBC Loop, it seems so disorganized now, particularly on the pathway between the two islands.

Edit: more info on the broken Skytrain

2. ema

ema Full Member

Whoa, yeah I noticed that too...then by the time I came. There was no 41 waiting o.0
    until 20 minutes later a 41 came but he took a break of I don't know some time.

Yeah...it does look sloppy

3. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Tens of thousands of transit users faced lengthy delays during the morning rush hour Friday after an Expo Line train struck a metal rod on the tracks, bringing SkyTrain traffic in downtown Vancouver to a halt for nearly five hours.

The train came to a halt shortly after 7 a.m. when its communication with SkyTrain's central computer was cut. Passengers then had to wait or cram onto already overcrowded buses to reach their destinations.

Hardie acknowledged that the stranded train, which had SkyTrain passengers trying to catch buses during the rush hour, led to a lot of pass-ups -- full buses passing stops without stopping -- and some "really long lineups," but said it wasn't the worst incident in SkyTrain history.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/Thousands+delayed+SkyTrain+slows+halt+during+rush+hour/3510715/story.html#ixzz0zGNgaQk8