Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Transit Jobs NOW!!! Coast Mountain Bus is HIRING!

Discussion in 'Employment and Students' started by Superchecker, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

Welcome! Good Luck sir! Lots of info and helpful contributors here! Feel free to message anyone here!

2. mrgarcia

mrgarcia New Member

GuyinNorthVan likes this.
  3. GuyinNorthVan

GuyinNorthVan Junior Member

Still no news from HR about my reference check...:up:

4. GuyinNorthVan

Still no news for you?

5. Superchecker

Well Gang; I hate to admit this but: I couldn't get it up this morning!

The Air Pressure, that is!! (lol!)

Had a bus running for 15 minutes and the air wouldn't build past 85 PSI.

Drove around to the shop and the mechanic used his hammer on a few things and then got me a different bus.

Was maybe 4 minutes late leaving the depot, but just ran it out.

6. Kr6505

Kr6505 Full Member

Hey. Just got word from HR I passed my trainability test and was told to get my class 4 learner's permit. Yay! Now they are doing a reference check. So almost there!! Thank you everyone for your valuable insight and advice!

7. Superchecker

8. john riley

john riley Full Member

For this testing, they are not looking for what you are wearing. You will be with a group of 25+ people in a large room, so they won't even know who is who. Focus your answers on safety first!! Good luck!!

GuyinNorthVan and Superchecker like this.
  9. john riley

john riley Full Member

Reference checks can take a little while. You will probably wait around a week if I had to guess

TypeRNammer and Superchecker like this.
  10. GuyinNorthVan

Thanks! Good to know that. I hope they can reach all of them soon.

Fairbox likes this.
  11. TypeRNammer

TypeRNammer Full Member

One time I was 5 minutes late leaving the yard.

Checked the output sheet on where my bus was going to be. I went down early only to find out it wasn't there.

Called depot staff to inform them. Sent me another bus. Called TCOMM to let them know about the situation.

Turns out the bus I was originally suppose to take out was sitting in the mechanic's garage.

TCOMM offered a short turn on Oak Street at Marine, told them I should be fine and carry onto Marine station, only to find out there's construction on Yukon street and I went from -5 to -20 lol...

GuyinNorthVan likes this.
  12. Superchecker

Hi Gang: If you have not already seen these: CMBC had some "Welcome to CMBC" DVDs made up like 8 years ago now.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=L995w09zE18

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB9fM2azi94

There are nearly 5,000 employees at CMBC and I know more than a few in the videos!

As well; Transit Drivers belong to the union called "Unifor". Vancouver Drivers belong to local #111. Mechanics local #2200; Victoria local #333. They all have websites and Facebook pages.

Once you are hired and have an "E" Number, you can then access the employees only website www.mycmbc.ca/ to view company news, bulletins; overnight assignments; buy and sell; wellness links; training links; uniform ordering; links to view paycheques and benefits; Internal Job postings; Career Development; Find an employee; etc..

user and GuyinNorthVan like this.
  13. GuyinNorthVan

Congrats! You're almost there.

14. Superchecker

If you already have a class #4 license: West Vancouver Blue Buses in in need of Community Shuttle drivers. I saw the ad dated Feb 12 over at www.civicinfo.bc.ca/careers/ OR Google West Vancouver!

They usually post every March for extra Summer Conventional Transit drivers as well.

user likes this.
  15. TypeRNammer

TypeRNammer Full Member

I was partially done my last trip for the night on the 17 and my wipers decided to be a bust.

Called TCOMM, road maintenance shows up and they're not able to fix it.

Done for tonight, taking the bus and Canada Line back to the yard.

Superchecker likes this.
  16. GuyinNorthVan

Nothing yet...still waiting.

17. Superchecker

I knew a guy who waited 14 months!

18. Superchecker

Saw training buses out at UBC this morning.

19. kent

kent New Member

got the dreaded e mail...i guess i did not impress at the interview......ill try again in a year

20. Superchecker

Sorry to hear... I think they make you wait 6 months?

There are other jobs that pop up from time to time. Such as CUSTOMER INFORMATION or occasionally FAREBOX or SERVICEPERSON jobs.

If you happen to already have a class #4- West Vancouver is hiring Shuttle Drivers this week!

SkyTrain will most likely be needing more staff in approx one year, and they prefer that you have a First Aid ticket!

BC Ferries is hiring Spring and Summer staff now!

www.civicinfo.bc.ca/careers/ changes daily! Occasionally there is a need for truck drivers!

Bess of luck!