Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Transit Jobs NOW!!! Coast Mountain Bus is HIRING!

Discussion in 'Employment and Students' started by Superchecker, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

Reposted again as of today's date!

FYI: BC Transit-Victoria is also hiring!!

2. Superchecker

Coast Mountain Bus Company is in need of 5 Depot Coordinators, temp/casual to start, $29.51 to over $35 an hour; plus "temps" earn 20% more in lieu of benefits.

Vancouver depot staffed 24/7; suburban depots staffed early mornings thru dinner time, everyday of the year.

www.translink.ca/careers/ and then Coast Mountain Bus Company.

3. Superchecker

4. Superchecker

Reposted again as of today's date: immediate need for 400 more trainees, approx 16 every 2 weeks.

Will need 400 more in 2018; and 400 more in 2019!!!

Ramanjit Bains likes this.
  5. Superchecker

Coast Mountain Bus Company has reposted their need for even more Community Shuttle Operator trainees. Part time/casual to start, $19 to $25 an hour plus 14% more in lieu of benefits. 2 weeks paid training.

6. user

user Full Member

Happy holidays everyone!

It's been a while since I popped in here, and this thread seems dead... I'm still a Conventional op at CMBC and recently passed my 1 year mark. (2 years total, including my time in Community Shuttle) If only I had applied in Conventional from the start, I would've been higher up in seniority... Oh well. At least with lots of new trainees lately (a new class every 2 weeks?), you move up quickly.

Hoping 2018 will be a good year for everyone.

Superchecker likes this.
  7. Superchecker

Congrats on the switch over to Conventional! I'm nearing my 30th year with transit; over 25 years driving. Lots of new faces out in Richmond.

All the best to you too in the new year.

user likes this.
  8. user

user Full Member

Thank you! Same to you as well.

9. Kr6505

Kr6505 Full Member

Hello everyone! It’s been a long time since I’ve been on here. Last time I posted was last year when CMBC terminated me for taking time off when my mom was sick. My greivance went to the second stage, my union rep fought real hard for me but it was no use. I’ve been in a bad place emotionally for 7 months now. But I picked myself up and now I’ve just been hired with a bus company that does charters and picks up and drops off school kids. Way better than CMBC!!

user likes this.
  10. user

user Full Member

Hi! Long time no see.

Good to hear that you are doing better now. Best of luck with your new career!