Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Transit Fare Changes: Oct 5!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Superchecker, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

Hello! As of Oct 5/15: There will temporarily no longer be any zones in effect for BUS riders.
    You can travel anywhere, BY BUS, for a one zone fare!

Zones will STILL be in effect for SkyTrain & SeaBus riders.

If you ride SkyTrain or SeaBus across a zone boundary, weekdays before 6:30pm= $4.

BUT if you ride a bus across a zone boundary, at any time= $2.75!

Also: Compass Pass users will no longer "Tap Out" when leaving a bus. Only "Tap In".

You WILL continue to Tap Out on SkyTrain & SeaBus.

Also; Oct 5 to 9: Kids age 5 to 13; and High School students- with VALID GoCards: Ride FREE as part of International Walk To School week. Happens every October.

www.translink.ca/

www.askcompass.ca/

604-953-3333

2. maple leaf

maple leaf Full Member

Thanks for the information, just ordered 2 compass cards online, one for me, one for my daughter. I do have a car, but I don't drive far, not good at driving.

Superchecker likes this.
  3. Superchecker

With Compass: You'll pay Fare Saver Rates! One Zone: $2.10; Two Zone: $3.15 & Three Zone:$4.20 When riding SkyTrain or SeaBus.

Remember to "Tap Out" when leaving SkyTrain and SeaBus OR be charged Three Zones regardless of how far you really traveled!

4. Bill

Bill Full Member

When the compass card is ordered online, is the customer's name embossed on the compass card? Like the Air Miles card or Cineplex's Scene card that has the customer name embossed on the card.

Makes it easier to identify the compass card with the name on embossed card.

5. Superchecker

I don't know. I don't think so.

6. Bill

Bill Full Member

It will be very helpful for a family of 5 who all have a Compass card, the name on the Compass card will ensure no one uses another person's card.

7. Bill

Bill Full Member

By the way, I see a Compass Exit Ticket vending machine inside the station (after the barrier). So obviously this is for people who have already paid their fare and exiting the station. But what is a Compass Exit Ticket? Under what circumstances would a person buy a Compass Exit Ticket?

8. Superchecker

9. Bill

Bill Full Member

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  10. Bill

Bill Full Member

Translink actually prints the owner's name on the Compass card for BC government employees but not the general public.

11. Superchecker

The BC Government prints the names of annual Pass holders on the passes, not TransLink. Many who do have their names and info on their cards DON'T want their names and info on them.

I do have a label maker if you'd like to borrow it? Or a black Marker?

Concession passes are a different colour?

Some people get colourful protective sleeves to put their passes in?

I'm sure if you ever get down to the Compass Customer Service Office at Stadium Station, they'd have some lovely ideas on how to personalize your passes.

12. Bill

Bill Full Member

Many want to register their compass cards with their names and personal information so that if the card is lost, they can claim the stored balance. Some even want to attach their credit card number to the compass card to do auto top up.

Translink could consider embossing the names on the card for those people who registered the card.

Don't feel oblige to answer, this question is for the corporate folks, not the union people and bus drivers :)

13. r4square

r4square Guest

Compass exit ticket machines will apply when the faregates close. If your compass ticket does not have the necessary value to exit (you extend your trip into an additional zone) or you lose your ticket during the ride, you will need to purchase an exit ticket to open the faregate.

14. r4square

r4square Guest

Compass exit ticket machines will apply when the faregates close. If your compass ticket does not have the necessary value to exit (you extend your trip into an additional zone) or you lose your ticket during the ride, you will need to purchase an exit ticket to open the faregate.