Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

The Story of Chowhound

Discussion in 'Food, Drinks and Dining' started by milquetoast, Jul 17, 2010.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

I googled slog (because it rhymes with blog and I wanted to see if anyone was using slog as a portmanteau for blog and whatever word that fits). The search led me to Jim Leff (co-creator of Chowhound)'s blog.

He's written a series of blog entries (16 installments and counting) called Bubbles, Slogs, and Selling Out. The series details the beginnings of Chowhound leading to its sale to CNET.

It's a pretty interesting (albeit very long) read, particularly if you're an avid chowhounder or just keen on the ideals of online communities. With social media and the over saturated market of food blogs, the site's lost some of its authority, but for me it's still one of the best resources for food, drink and cooking in general. It is also my priority go to website for Vancouver dining.

[​IMG] [​IMG]