Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Tech The powerful Nexus 4 is only $199 outright

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Night Of GuardianS, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

The 8GB Nexus 4 is only $199 at the Google Play Store. The 16GB is $249. I got mine from Google 7 months ago for $359. The Nexus 4 spawns a quad core processor. It's pretty much as powerful as the Galaxy S4. The Nexus smartphones also gets the latest OS firmware updates months before any other Android smartphones. Running the official Android 4.3 firmware on mind.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_4_8GB?id=nexus_4_8gb&hl=en

2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Did you buy another one? It's $16.99 shipping.

3. Night Of GuardianS

I didn't get another one but if I ever drop or lose mine I would. Might be a great gift for someone who is using a really old iPhone, low end slow Android, or an old blackberry.

4. Stuntman

Stuntman Full Member

The Nexus 5 is out now. I'm actually tempted to get this phone, but I still really like my SGS3 and don't feel that going to the N5 a significant enough of an upgrade to be worth the price.

5. Night Of GuardianS

I'm tempted to get the Nexus 5. Maybe I'll get one in 3 months. The 2.3GHz quad core processor sounds powerful. My Nexus 4 is still good enough. The Nexus series always get the latest updates months before the other Android phones.

6. Stuntman

Stuntman Full Member

I've never been in a hurry to get updates. I'm still on 4.1.2 and I don't really mind. There really isn't anything in 4.3 or 4.4 that I have to have quickly.

The Nexus 5 was really the first Nexus phone I would really want. I did have some interest in the first Nexus (Nexus One), but decided to just go with a keyboard phone instead. I'm probably going to wait for the next Nexus in a year. By then, my contract would almost be up and I would be looking at possibly changing networks (if the Big 3 doesn't buy everyone else up by then) once my contract is up (or perhaps sooner).

7. mikexu

mikexu New Member

really good price there...... Nothing can match Nexus 4 at this price level..

8. Night Of GuardianS

I just updated my phone to 4.4 over the air. Everything is blazing.