Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

The Most Dangerous Traffic Intersections in Canada

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joe, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Joe

Joe Full Member

...include the following:

http://ca.autos.yahoo.com/news/most-dangerous-intersections-in-canada-171556681.html

Canada's most dangerous intersections

1) Vancouver: Knight St & Knight Street Bridge and SE Marine Dr & SE Marine Dr Offramp & SE Marine Dr Onramp (246)
    2) Calgary: Deerfoot and 16th Ave NE (234)
    3) Winnipeg: Kenaston Blvd and McGillivrary Blvd (210)
    4) Winnipeg: Leila Avenue and McPhillips Street (200)
    5) Calgary: Glenmore Trail and Deerfoot Interchange (194)
    6) Montreal: Highway 40 and Stinson (165)
    7) Winnipeg: Grant Avenue and Kenaston Blvd (157)
    8) Montreal: Dickson and Notre Dame (145)
    9) Montreal: Highway 15 and De Salaberry (143)
    10) Vancouver: Burrard Street & Burrard Street Bridge and and Pacific Street & Pacific Street Onramp and Offramp (131)
    11) Vancouver: East 1st Avenue & East 1st Avenue offramp & East 1st Avenue onramp and Rupert Street Offramp and TransCanada Highway (127)
    12) Toronto: Kennedy Road and Sheppard Avenue East (103)
    13) Toronto: Kennedy Road and Steeles Avenue East (94)
    14) Toronto: McCowan Road and Sheppard Avenue East (90)
    15) Edmonton: Yellowhead Trail and 127th Street (75)
    16) Edmonton: 107th Avenue and 142nd Street (72)
    17) Edmonton: 90th Ave NW and 85 Street NW (70)
    18) Ottawa: Hunt Club Road and Riverside Drive (53)
    19) Ottawa: Belfast Road and St. Laurent Boulevard (32)
    20) Ottawa: Baseline Road and Woodroffe Avenue – (31)

2. Stuntman

Stuntman Full Member

I thought it would be Willingdon and and Highway 1. I guess they significantly reduced the number of crashes ever since it was realigned due to the construction. Before the exit from eastbound #1 to southbound Willingdon was really dangerous because so many cars coming off the exit has to cut across 2 lanes of traffic to get into the left turn bay to head east on Canada Way. Now the exit goes under the overpass and loops around to a traffic light controlled intersection now.

The on ramp to Knight street southbound is a huge bottleneck with 5 lanes of traffic going into 2. I hate using it. I often take the East-West Connector instead of the Knight St. Bridge when heading into Richmond.

3. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

In America, one of the most dangerous intersections would be Alps Road and Ratzer Road in Wayne, New Jersey. This is especially true in winter if the asphalt is icy. We used to call that spot either Killer's Bend or Suicide Junction.

4. Bine

Bine Full Member

Knight Street has been the worst in Canada for a very long time.