Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Entertainment The Avengers (2012)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milquetoast, May 5, 2012.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

So did anyone see it yet? Does Joss Whedon deliver o_O?

I won't have a chance to see it for a while, but might do the UltraAVX thing. Gimmick or worth it?

2. jrysmile

jrysmile Junior Member

Watched it twice now once AVX and then non-AVX. Really couldn't tell much difference to be honest. imo not worth the extra $$. Great movie though, lived up to all the hype :jump:

3. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

Truly a masterpiece! So worth seeing.

4. milquetoast

Did you watch it in AVX? I heard you have to had watched Thor to really appreciate the plotline.

There's also 2 post-credit clips. Have to remind myself not to leave the cinema early :D.

5. Night Of GuardianS

I saw it in AVX 3D. You should watch Captain America, Thor, and Ironman first you if you haven't. You need to know what these characters have gone through in their own movie to truly appreciate Avengers.

6. milquetoast

7. smokey-guy

smokey-guy New Member

I saw it in 3d. Awesome movies I’ve watched this year. Can’t forget Thor and hulk crazy fight. I think you should have to watch.

8. milquetoast

Saw it with D-Box using courtesy tickets so I only paid the add-on ($8). It was pretty neat, loved the final fight scene. I was concerned that the seats would be too loud or distracting but they were neither.

9. Night Of GuardianS

What in the world is D-box? Where can I try this D-box?

10. milquetoast

^Motion simulator seats. SilverCity Metropolis has them, as well as Colossus Langley and SilverCity Riverport. http://www.cineplex.com/Theatres/D-Box.aspx

They have demo seats set up like this for you to try:

Spider-Man opens on 7/3/2012 (with D-BOX), meaning that's when they'll stop showing Avengers on D-BOX. The hulk scenes were very fun with the seats :).

11. Night Of GuardianS

Hey looks fun. When spiderman swings around New York City it will feel like as if we're Spiderman!

12. Night Of GuardianS

Cheese I tried ordering tickets for Spiderman but there's no option for D-Box. Only AVX and IMAX.

13. milquetoast

You can only purchase D-BOX tickets on the day of the showing in person and only select showings have the special seats.

14. SamSparrow

SamSparrow New Member

Yeah it is a great movie and I loved the part Hulk one-sided fist pump with Thor.

15. Ronnie

Ronnie Guest

Hi all. New here. Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I Googled my question and this is the only discussion that even came close so...
    Last time I was at the SilverCity Riverport, I tried out the DBox demo (they had the Spider-Man trailer on) and got really excited to see it with this added experience. Just went online to ordr tickets for tonight and all I see is AVX or IMAX. Does anyone here know if the AVX theatre is also the one fitted for DBox? I really want to experience flying around with Spidey :)
    Never knew till I read this thread that the Avengers was also available in DBox... would have been fun... but Spidey I *definitely* wanna see with this new technology.
    Thanks in advance!

16. milquetoast

Hey Ronnie, the D-BOX seats are in select regular cinemas (regular screen with Real-D 3D glasses). Besides the seats, nothing else about the room is special. It's too bad though, Ultra-AVX combined with D-BOX would be awesome :cool:.

The room will have about 3 rows of D-BOX seats in the upper middle section, but they only turn them on when you purchase the add-on.

17. Ronnie

Ronnie Guest

Thanks Cheese!
    That's weird cause Silvercity Riverport is clearly one of the ones that offers DBox, and Spider-Man is currently the only movie available with DBox, yet they only have Spider-Man available in 2D, IMAX 3D and AVX... so which one has the option to add on the DBox thingy? And why isn't it made clear on the showtimes page and on the ticket purchasing page?
    I'm confused :(

18. milquetoast

That's weird. Now I'm confused too. I suppose they have D-BOX in 2D then? It's best to call them and find out for sure.

D-BOX has been very poorly implemented which is a shame because the seats themselves are pretty cool. It's not just their website and ticket purchasing, even in person at the theatre, D-BOX isn't indicated at all on their big electronic ticker. They used to have a page where you could see which showtimes were D-BOX and which were not, but I can't find it anymore. The only way to buy tickets was to inquire directly and know about it beforehand which most people don't. Such a confusing system. That's probably why Cineplex is losing money on it.

19. MatCat

MatCat New Member

It is an enjoyable and thrilling megahit blockbuster movie from Marvel. I love the awesome graphics and great superhero story. Love it.

20. AnnePearce

AnnePearce Guest

Yes, watched it in the theatre. It was really entertaining to watch all the super heroes together.