Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Local Terry Deane and Pizzeria Barbarella

Discussion in 'Food, Drinks and Dining' started by milquetoast, Apr 26, 2015.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Does anyone know what he's doing these days? Last I heard, he's no longer associated with Pizzeria Barbarella and consequently the quality there has dropped.

He used to run Ah-Beetz in Abbotsford and was hailed as the Vancouver pizza savior when he opened Pizzeria Barbarella before the Neapolitan pizza craze took off in Vancouver.

2. bill barilko

bill barilko Full Member

Never been in the place that neighbourhood is just too scuzzy now.

3. Hdeane

Hdeane New Member

My husband, Terry, passed away a month ago due to sepsis.

4. Laurence

Laurence Guest

The best pizza to hit the lower mainland hands down. Ah-Beetz and Barbarella (back when Terry was Chef) was next level in comparison to anything at the time.

I have looked for you from time to time to see what was in store next for more great things to come from you. I was hoping to see a burger joint with your level of dedication and love.

I am very sorry for your loss. This is a tremendous loss and sad day for myself.

Regards,
    Laurence