Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Tech suggestion for a better speed dial

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joeclark, Jul 28, 2017.

1. joeclark

joeclark Junior Member

Hello Guys,

Greetings! Let me start by saying that Opera is my browser of choice for my linux OS. Congrats to the team. Among the outstanding features of Opera for desktop there is one which, as I see it, is lacking in utility. I think Opera's "speed dial" is only half useful because as the page fills with dials it becomes ever harder to quickly identify the one searched for. This happens mainly because of the rectangular shape of the dials. One alternative for me is the add-on, supported by Opera, called "FVD Speed Dial - New Tab Page" which is better for it allows custom images for each dial so one can identify a dial by using website logos. The shapes of the various logos help me identify a dial much faster than Opera's speed dials. Custom images for the dials would be a useful feature to have on an already excellent PC browser. Best wishes from Bucharest, Romania, Europe.

Thanks

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
    References:
    - http://forums.opera.com/discussion/1875506/suggestion-for-a-better-speed-dial
    - Landing Page Video Examples.