Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

SOCIETY MUST SOLVE SOCIETY'S PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cody, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Cody

Cody New Member

It is strongly up to society to solve the problems of society in Vancouver. People tell me its like a mental hospital living in downtown Vancouver. Society is made up of all kinds of races and creeds. Why cannot there be some cohesive and productive resolution to the Vancouver Society. There is an airport which accounts for some transients but why does Vancouver have to be so dark? Why cannot the government invest in getting everyone off the street so that it cleans up the city and everyone has a home instead of allowing X amount of empty condos to go on the market while Chinese people buy sight unseen and they load up the inventory with empty space?

the mechanic likes this.
  2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

What are you suggesting? The government already has great social programs, albeit many are tainted by corruption as evidenced by the PHS scandal. Homelessness is always a political topic with no great solution.

the mechanic likes this.
  3. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

Frankly, they should put a stop to Chinese or any foreign non-residents buying up property until most local citizens and residents can afford a place. People's bread and butter or living space should not be attached to a spinning wheel of fortune. I have nothing against Chinese or any Asian people. I am Indian myself. But Canada should take care of its existing population ( of whatever ethnicity ) before letting long-distance foreigners dabble in her markets.

the mechanic likes this.
  4. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

I agree but i also think society should be doing a whole lot more to help individuals help themselves ie. making psychologist visits free or nearly free under MSP.

the mechanic likes this.
  5. flutterby

flutterby Active Member

6. Vivek Golikeri

Vivek Golikeri Active Member

I thought medical care was already free for Canadian citizens!