Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

SkyTrain to Main St Stn? MAJOR Changes Mar 30 til fall!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Superchecker, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Superchecker

Superchecker Active Member

Due to ongoing SkyTrain upgrades: Expo & Millenium line trains will NOT stop at Main Street Station from March 30 thru until "Fall 2104"!

There will be a seperate "Special" 2 car train running between Waterfront and Broadway Stations that will service the Main Street Station!

Passengers on the regular Expo or Millenium lines can transfer to that special train -westbound at Broadway and -eastbound at Stadium Stations...

www.translink.ca and look for the pink "Train-2-Main" icon/link or call 604-953-3333....

the mechanic likes this.
  2. bill barilko

bill barilko Full Member

Is it true they're essentially doubling the size of the platform there?

the mechanic likes this.
  3. Superchecker

I'm not sure what's happening there.. Maybe making the platform bigger, Maybe the new Compass fare gates, maybe both...

the mechanic likes this.
  4. Bill

Bill Full Member

If I travel from Metrotown to Waterfront, do I need to alight the train and catch the "Special" 2 car train at Broadway to Waterfront?

the mechanic likes this.
  5. Superchecker

The train from Metrotown will make all stops EXCEPT Main Street....

If you specifically wanted Main Street, you'd have to transfer, at Broadway, to the Special train...

the mechanic likes this.
  6. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

What superchecker is saying is that the train will skip main st and go to stadium and then Granville etc

the mechanic likes this.
  7. Bill

Bill Full Member

I see. Thanks.

the mechanic likes this.