Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Senior Transport Concessions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Valcairos, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Valcairos

Valcairos New Member

I have just joined Forum Vancouver because my husband and I will be making our first visit to Canada next June/July (2012), so I am gathering as much info' as I can to ensure we make the best use of our holiday. At present I am trying to find information regarding Senior Travel Discounts on Vancouver buses and Skytrain as I will be over 65 when I arrive. Is it posiible to organise a temporary pass for discounts via the tourist office or would taking my British driving licence or passport entitle me to the discount. Of course I suppose such discounts may be available only for residents. Any information anyone can give would be gratefully received.:)

2. Henry

Henry Junior Member

If you go to any store such as 7-11, london drugs, safeway, superstore, you can buy a monthly card for $46.50 for all zones or a pack of bus fares saving about 16% instead of buying single fares on the bus. You're fares would be the price of concession fares and not adult. The prices are not residential, but you do need a form of ID to prove your age if asked upon, or you may have to pay a hefty fine

3. Valcairos

Valcairos New Member

Many thanks for your reply and the comprehensive info. Sorry I have not responded earlier, but I was on holiday and I do not have a lap-top to take with me. (Perhaps that is good!)