Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Arts & Culture Scary Haunted House

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by icu222much, Oct 18, 2010.

1. icu222much

icu222much Junior Member

I am wondering which is the most scariest haunted house in Vancouver. I've always thought that PNE Fright Night was the place to go, but I heard from my co-worker that the Dunbar one is even scarier. Can anyone verify? Is there one that is even scarrier then these ones?

2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Dunbar is better and cheaper, but line ups are long.

3. icu222much

icu222much Junior Member

Is Dunbar just one large haunted house and Fright Night multiple small haunted houses? The only one I've been to is Potters in Surrey, and it was just one medium sized house (20 min).

4. milquetoast

5. icu222much

icu222much Junior Member

How long does it take to go through the Dunbar Haunted House? ~20 min ?

6. milquetoast

15-20 minutes I'd say but would depend on how fast (or slow) you decide to go through it.

icu222much likes this.
  7. icu222much

icu222much Junior Member

Great. Thank you very much :)

8. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

Warning, the Dunbar haunted house always have a massive insane long line up.

9. icu222much

icu222much Junior Member

If I were to arrive on a weekend at 7ish.. how long would you say the line-up be?
    1 hour, or are we talking about 5 hour iPhone 4G line up?

10. milquetoast

No clue about when it gets closer to Halloween, but opening weekend was about a half hour line up. Sunday had no line up. Keep tabs on their Twitter account before heading out (http://twitter.com/thedunbarhaunt), they seem to update with how long the line up is and when they are going to cap it off.

I was looking up other Halloween options and came across the Haunted Vancouver Trolley Tours. It's a change from the typical haunted houses and more costly ($35) but it seems like it could be fun. You get taken to a bunch of allegedly haunted places in Vancouver and get to visit the autopsy room at the Vancouver Police Museum.

[​IMG]

11. Night Of GuardianS

Night Of GuardianS Active Member

I'm visiting the haunted village(not really haunted, just a theme for Helloween) at Burnaby Heritage Village Museum. It runs from Oct 28th-31st from 6pm.

12. milquetoast

Very cool, they have a 1912 carousel :D. You should take some pictures.