Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Sake in Vancouver

Discussion in 'Food, Drinks and Dining' started by milquetoast, Jul 26, 2010.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Can anyone recommend a nice sake variety to try that's available here? Most eager to try nigori (unfiltered / coarse filtered) sake.

I checked the BC Liquor Stores, but they don't carry very many beyond Gekkeikan and Hakutsuru.

Some stores also carry Sake One, which seems to be a more premium product than Gekkeikan, but still American produced. Any comments?

2. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Bought this to try: Hakutsuru Sayuri Nigori Sake

[​IMG]

Being slightly chilled in the fridge right now. :)

3. ks.

ks. Guest

try momokawa nigori, i got it in a signature BCL store. creamier than hakutsuru sayuri but stronger alcohol taste as well. not a bad thing, just different.

also www.osake.ca its made in granville island by a japanese brewer. they make 2 nigoris i think (different grades perhaps).

shuraku in granville (near lennox pub) sells a lot of sake varieties. u cant take it home tho.

viti in seymour sells some good sakes as well albeit not very varied.

search these places in google map.

hope that helps. pls email me if u find anything new
    [email protected]

4. ema

ema Full Member

if you dont mind the travel, there's a place on granville island near agro cafe that has homemade sake.