Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Relationship Tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ema, May 20, 2012.

1. ema

ema Full Member

Drop your advice, tips, randoms that you learned through the years.
    My #1 most valued lesson that I learned..
    You can't change the person.

-If you find yourself wondering about another person, leave the first person. If you were faithful and loved the first person as much as you say you do, you wouldn't have thoughts about the second person.

-Relationships need to be balanced. One sided relationships aren't relationships, it's a dictatorship.

To be continued...

2. honeycomb

honeycomb Junior Member

In my opinion, I think that it's perfectly normal to 'wonder' about another person or even think about the relationship that you have with that person (whether it may be about your values, expectations, commonalities, dislikes, etc.). I don't think that you should necessarily leave someone just because you start to think about things about your partner (unless that person has been unfaithful to you in some way). I mean, I feel the same way about friendships as well. A few of my closes friends are SO different from me that I end up constantly wondering about why we're even friends i the first place.

If there's anything that I learned through the years, it's talking it out! Be open and honest! If something is bothering you then you should tell that person....try to understand your their perspective. That being said, remember that you won't necessarily 'win'.

Talk. Understand each other. Compromise - work through issues together. Hope for the best.

That's how I find balance in all of my relationships that are meaningful to me.

3. Captzee

Captzee Junior Member

My solution is to take a break from the relationship every so often and hook up with prostitutes to spice things up

4. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

You could try coating your hand in chili oil. That way you don't have to take a break from your "relationship".

ema likes this.