Welcome to Forum Vancouver, an online discussion community for Metro Vancouver Hide
We have message boards for you to chat about shopping, community events, places to eat, things to do and much more!
Consider helping our forum grow by sharing your knowledge about living in the Greater Vancouver area.

is free and only takes a few moments to complete.

Racist graffiti at Empire Centre in Richmond

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milquetoast, Jul 29, 2010.

1. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

Deserves more than a triple facepalm. They caught one of the guys, but the police are still looking for others.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, while these people are not incredably eloquent in expressing their ideas, it makes me wonder if there's a lot of behind the curtain resentment about immigration. From the CBC news article comments (some are insightful, others are predictably garbage), it's not so crazy of an idea.

2. ema

ema Full Member

Stuff like that disgusts me, although everyone is entitled to their opinion. It's still hard to comprehend why people can openly go about their hate about another culture/race like that. Especially in Vancouver where we are literally multicultural to the point where most of us are hyrbid children lol.

Can't the police just ask the arrested guy where the other guy, if they're working together? **I mean bargain with the guy for the answers

3. minkachu

minkachu New Member

gotta respect free speach even if you don't agree with it hahaha

4. milquetoast

milquetoast Senior Member

^ Not when it's hate speech... and other people's property isn't exactly a medium for opinions.

5. ema

ema Full Member

Free speech is American, it's free expression in Canada. But honestly lol I don't know if you're saying that as a joke or not. 'Cause, free speech does not mean you should be going around running your mouth like that. Like cheeseshredder said, that's not free speech; that's hate speech. There's a difference especially with the writing of the KKK...that's obviously a racist attack not FREE EXPRESSION OF IDEAS.

Totally against the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom.

6. ema

ema Full Member

UPDATE:

Second tagger arrested
    METRO VANCOUVER/CKNW AM 980

7/30/2010

Richmond RCMP have arrested a second suspect in connection with some racist graffiti that was found at Empire Centre Mall in Richmond.

The suspect was picked up at Brighouse and Canada Line Station.

The 16 year old will face a mischief charge.